[SOLVED] it looks like my mis afterburner is conflicting with some program

Jul 9, 2018
so i overclocked my gpu using msi ab and upon startup it does open and the oc does get applied but only for a few seconds as the default clocks get applied again, the msi ab stays open though so i have to reapply the oc and this time it stays applied, so im pretty sure that happens because of some conflict with some other program which i cannot figure out.

Solution
Is MSI Dragon Center something you feel you need? If you can live w/o it, simply uninstall it.
To disable it from starting with Windows instead, see if it shows up in Task Manager/Startup. You can disable it there.
Jul 9, 2018

so looks like it was msi dragon center that was starting after it that would cause it to reset, now im finding a way to disable the dragon center.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Is MSI Dragon Center something you feel you need? If you can live w/o it, simply uninstall it.
To disable it from starting with Windows instead, see if it shows up in Task Manager/Startup. You can disable it there.

Solution
Jul 9, 2018

yeah i disabled it, it's a pain in the ass, takes forever to start and forever to close as well and it was this program that was conflicting with the after burner.

if you're running a Nvidia GPU, there are a lot of threads over on the GeForce forums with the mods adising MSi's Afterbiurner causes conflicts with Nvidia's drivers

2nd, there are also a lot of threads advising folks to deleter their Nvidia driver using DDU and re-installing a previously known stable driver - they claim a lot of the Nvidia drivers are buggy

here's a link to one thread, scroll down to the 3rd post, and if you try it, be sure to follow their instructions for using DDU - if you run DDU, select "installing new graphics cards" or similiar phrase for the selection and there's a link to the driver i'm still running today

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1035287/nvlddmkm-sys-crashing/?offset=1