Question It's possible to remap the additional mouse buttons without needing a software to be running all the time? (in win10)

Hepsic

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
So I wanted to remap one of the two additional buttons my mouse has, tried using x-mouse, and I mean it's good and all, but if I close the software I can't use the keys anymore, on the other hand with the keyboard this doesn't seem to be an issue

So there's another software I can use for this or it's just not a mouse thing?

Hepsic

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
What mouse do you have?
you can try microsoft mouse and keyboard center
Not even sure what brand it is, but it's the usual cheap mouse on amazon with a brand name that looks made out of random letters picked from a jar or idk, tried the microsoft thingy but guess works only with microsoft devices?

Not even sure what brand it is, but it's the usual cheap mouse on amazon with a brand name that looks made out of random letters picked from a jar or idk, tried the microsoft thingy but guess works only with microsoft devices?
refer to this and scroll down. and try the other softwares Such as Mouse Manager

Reactions: Hepsic

Hepsic

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
refer to this and scroll down. and try the other softwares Such as Mouse Manager
Tried it but mouse manager doesn't seem to work and seems to have to stay open, as the guide itself says to select "start with windows" and it stays minimizez in the toolbar, the other option is the xmouse I already tried, thanks anyway

EDIT: Ok it works had to select the profile, but still has to stay open