[SOLVED] iTunes Backup Lost, Macbook Restored, New Phone = What a Mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-XTC-

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Okay guys, this is a really messy situation I'm in but anyone who can actually get my data back I will be in debt to for the rest of my life <3

So, my Macbook Pro was running really slow with all this crap I had in it so I stupidly decided to wipe it and restore it. Unfortunately, I had a backup of my iPhone on it which I had only ever used to back up onto. The phone had over 78GB's of data on it which consisted of photos, app's, music and everything else. Now being the idiot that I am, I managed to wipe my hard drive during the restore and put on a fresh install of the latest Mac software. Now that I've had this running for a couple of weeks, I'm really regretting doing it because I'm actually lost without all the stuff I had on my PC. The worst part is that my iPhone was faulty and I was given a replacement which resulted in all the data being lost of my phone as well. I'm clinging onto the small dose of hope that when something is written onto a hard-drive that it is never truly deleted. Is there any hope at all of getting my data from the iTunes backup back? I'd be more than happy to delete what I have on the new version of my Macbook because I haven't even put anything on it. I don't want anything else apart from my iTunes backup from the old version.

Unfortunately I didn't have TimeMachine activated on my Macbook which is a gutter.

Thank you in advance.

Wups

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Hi -XTC-,

Sorry to hear that. Though, you should always back up your important data!

There is software out there such as Data Rescue(https://www.prosofteng.com/datarescue4/). Give this a try!
I've used it quite a few times in my line of work(Technical Consultant) and believe me, it works!

Let me know how it goes, drop me a PM should you require any more assistance.

Regards,
Wups.

-XTC-

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Thanks dude, I ended up getting a copy of Disk Drill and scanned my whole drive. It's brought up quite a lot of files from before which include photos, video's and music but I couldn't find any access to the library directory where the iTunes backup would be. Still ongoing with this one I'm afraid... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.