Question I've been using an EVGA N1 750w with my 6650xt for the past 8 months. what should i do now!?!?

32bitpolygons

Reputable
Mar 31, 2019
I had no idea about the reputation of this PSU until just a couple of hours ago when i found out it was a terrible F tier piece of <Mod Edit> that must be replaced immediately. I've been using it with my RX 6650xt and now i'm significantly worried about the card and the rest of my PC components. I have a 700GD EVGA PSU in my closet from last time (one of my PC components failed and i assumed it was the PSU which is why it's in the closet), should i replace it with that immediately? It's used and i purchased it from Ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
have a 700GD EVGA PSU...should i replace it with that immediately? It's used
while it may be a better option i would never really trust a used power supply.
it's likely that it was just upgraded and sold but you never really know if it ever caused issue with the previous owner and any warranty coverage is lost.

just shutdown for now and purchase something more reliable.

32bitpolygons

Reputable
Mar 31, 2019
while it may be a better option i would never really trust a used power supply.
it's likely that it was just upgraded and sold but you never really know if it ever caused issue with the previous owner and any warranty coverage is lost.

just shutdown for now and purchase something more reliable.
I must have misremembered, I checked the ebay listing again and it turns out it was open box, not used. Still a bit unsure but should I still replace in that case?

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
I guess your options are:

* stop gaming :censored: and you'll be within power limits

* get a Hantek oscilloscope and see if your power is being deliverered

* run it until it fails :) not always safe but plent of people have had PS fail, put in a new one, with not-noticeable board damage

I bought a $20 on sale Diablo (ugh!) 450W for an i5+nvidia 1050 suggesting 450W just for the 1050 (not including cpu W, nor HD W, nor USB plugged). I was a full 50W under at least. But I was in a hurry? And $100 was only other choice.

I ran that thing 6yr until the fan started making noise. Including playing through GTA IV once. Then instead of replacing fan replaced PS since it was the wrong supply really. all costed and such.

So I would say be careful but not to worry terribly. Replace it sooner rather than later when you get years on it.

NOW. as to life of your components: not one of the PS Tom's Hardware reviewed didn't fail in a few areas.

My GUESS is by the time it matters you will be upgrading so you can play some new game, and not care. Your not trying to make this PC last 20yr are you? In 20yr nothing that PC does will be supported by games, or the web, and you can't find parts.