[SOLVED] I've cloned a WD blue 1TB HDD to a WD blue 2TB M.2 SSD and PC won't boot

Mar 7, 2020
I've recently upgraded an FX6300 system with 1TB WD Blue HDD to a Ryzen 5 2600X on a Gigabyte B450 DS3H motherboard, 16GB of 3200 Mhz RAM and a 2TB WD blue M.2 2280 SSD. I've used Acronis WD edition twice to clone the 1TB HDD to the new M.2 2TB SSD, I have then tried to boot from the new M.2 SSD and every time I am met with booting to windows logo and then to a black screen with a white cursor, IF cursor is moved there is a non-spinning loading wheel, even after waiting some time I have to power off.

The PC is stable when the HDD is connected again and runs as normal, windows says both drives are healthy.

Looking forward to finding a solution!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It's advised to reinstall the OS from scratch and not bother with cloning. In fact you were supposed to reinstall the OS the moment you migrated from an AM3 platform to an AM4 platform.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It's advised to reinstall the OS from scratch and not bother with cloning. In fact you were supposed to reinstall the OS the moment you migrated from an AM3 platform to an AM4 platform.

Solution
Mar 7, 2020
Thank you for the welcome!

Brilliant, so a fresh install would be the way to go. Will the fact I've not carried out a reinstallation of Windows 10 OS already be an issue? or should I be ok to just go ahead from where I am, after erasing the new M.2 SSD (again).