I've connected my laptop to my television previously via HDMI

krystlosborn

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
Recently it stopped working so i updated my bios and ensured i had working hdmi's then it stopped working again so i updated my bios again and still i get no signal when connecting my laptop. everything seems to be updated, including graphics driver and i had my computer on the correct screen resolution and television on correct input.

Solution
Have you tried the connection with a different cable. Sometimes the pins can get bent or loose and since the hdmi spec allows for hot swap the ground pin sticks out a bit further than the rest and is susceptible to damage. That's what I'd check first. When it's connected and you right click on the desktop and select display properties or resolution is it showing two monitors or showing your tv at all? Try clicking detect displays while in there and see if it detects it. If not you've either got a bad cable, a bad input on the laptop, a bad input on the tv or a driver issue.
Have you tried the connection with a different cable. Sometimes the pins can get bent or loose and since the hdmi spec allows for hot swap the ground pin sticks out a bit further than the rest and is susceptible to damage. That's what I'd check first. When it's connected and you right click on the desktop and select display properties or resolution is it showing two monitors or showing your tv at all? Try clicking detect displays while in there and see if it detects it. If not you've either got a bad cable, a bad input on the laptop, a bad input on the tv or a driver issue.

Solution