Question I've decided to take apart most of ny PC and put it back together again. What should I do before turning on my PC?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 24, 2023
I took out my GPU so that I could take out the CMOS battery. I took out my CPU cooler so that I could get to the RAM and remove it and place it back in. I took out my CPU and placed it back in just in case it might have been out of position, which I don't think it was, but I did anyway just in case. My downloaded Windows 10 installation media on my USB again. I don't want to run into another issue where the PC will automatically boot Windows from the M.2 SSD. What should I do to ensure everything is as close to being default as possible?

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
The reason for suggesting an alternative (blank) drive is because you haven't managed to wipe the existing partitions from the M.2 drive for fresh install of Windows.

If you can install Windows successfully on your SATA drive, you can clone it on to the M.2 drive using Macrium Reflect.