Jargon Argument over Nvidia vs AMD vs Intel

Sandeep B

Reputable
May 10, 2015
So I got into a debate with a friend of mine, I told him the Intel CPU's and Nvidia GPU's are leading the performance stakes at the moment, he countered my argument saying NVIDIA reviews are paid off and biased and showed me the case of the 295x2.

I agreed that the x2 is faster than the Titan X but at the cost of much higher power draw and heat, and stated the maxwell architecture was significantly better than AMD since it gave similar performance at much lesser power and heat.

Then he got into Intel vs AMD as well, stating his system specs. This is the forward of the message he sent me, I felt most of it was inaccurate but then, having been out of the latest updates in the hardware world I felt its better to ask more up to date experts.

Please read the message and explain each of his arguments.

"Wat abt hyperthreading of nvidea is based on 16x geo thread. Means after 6 -7 yrs the nvidea will be broken as their specs wont increaded their memory upto 20gb ,low shaders ,vertex pixels too. where as amd uses a quadlam fx threader of 512x geo thread meaning their graphics can go upto 1024gb,with adaptive increasing pixel and shaders microsoft choose amd because of their hpyer architecture is several times better than others.if u can use a liquid coolet on a via /s3g card has the power to overcome both amd nd nvidea but they were financially bankcrupt amd is best for overclocking. And nvidea sucks
I am using advance a10 system dats enough to take down any graphics card if i can use 2600mhz x4 -16gb ram means a 2600mhz memory card costs 32000each meaning if i had making a 64gb ram system of 5200mhz for graphics dats way better than any graphics in the world and if i add 4 R9s and crossfire everyone of the graphics i can baet the ahit out of any graphs and if i disable my intergrated gpu then my cpu cores can reach upto 12cores making the best powerfull processor in the world -4ghz stock overclocked to6ghz and ppl wont dont do it bcos its too much
Nvidia is invalid graph card"

Thank you.

CDdude55

Distinguished
That message with all his "arguments" is quite hard to decipher, there are several things wrong what what he's saying technically and logically. Including grammatically. Seems as though he's just throwing words together in an attempt to confuse. You're right, it's inaccurate.

shadows1234

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
yeah maybe tell your friend to right correctly next time as i have no ****ing idea of whats he going on about but im sure he was just trolling since he/she/other doesn't make any sense at all

Mohd Mamat

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
No matter how many GB's of RAM he put into the APU system,it is still limited to the GPU on-chip can juice out of the 384/512 SP's inside his APU,disabling GPU cores(8 cores),dont make it 12 core CPU(duh),he compared a dual GPU to a single GPU(._.')

I'm myself prefer AMD over Intel and nVidia for products,but Intel's dominance on the CPU market proves how crappy the current AMD chips are to compete with the i-cores.(still using the FX 6300)
Their GPU products are fantastic,but power hungry and runs hot like a furnace(if reference design :p).
Even I moved from Team Red to get a GTX 970,due to its good perf per dollar and watt,and all those loud voices complaining about the 3.5GB memory on that card,it still works like it is intended to be,and yet still remains popular with users(those angry ones have the right to though,its nVidia's fault though)

This year we shall see whether AMD can break the game in GPU space with their mixture of HBM GPU's and refreshed cards and next year the Zen competing with Skylake/Cannonlake.

shadows1234

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014

i really do hope zen makes the comeback amd is needing right now

Mohd Mamat

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Likewise.Am betting on AMD this year and next year, I loved their products since the Athlon days, and how they falter after the Dozer, is abit sad for me. Will upgrade my FX 6300 when Zen is announced and after the reviews are out. That 40% improvement from Excavator core to Zen is staggering though (hope AMD dont just talk on paper)

The HBM GPU's will also give them a decent comeback in the graphics sector though. Make it or break it against Maxwell, if it's good, they'll have my money :)

jghaverty

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
I made it to "wat abt" and stopped reading.

This debate has occured millions of times (literally), and at this point is simply beating a dead horse. It all boils down to what YOU need, and what YOUR requirements are.

Gaming, rendering, and using multi threaded applications? Get an x99 i7. On a budget? Get an lga 1150 i7. On a tight budget? Get an FX 83x0

Just gaming? Get an i5.

Want a powerful GPU and dont really care about noise or heat? (i.e. you wear headphones and have air conditioning) Get an r9 290.

Want a powerful GPU thats really power efficient? Get a gtx 970+

AMD FX is a dead chip at this point. Its old, tired, and is starting to struggle.
AMD GPU's have driver issues.
Nvidia GPU's have driver issues, just seem to be fixed at a more rapid pace.
Intel's are very expensive, but have performance worth the cost.

If my wallet was limitless, I'd be running x99 with dual titan x's.

Mohd Mamat

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Well said lad.