Question Jellyfin on Pi4 8Gb

Dani4tw

Honorable
Aug 29, 2014
Hi. I am in need of some help, trying to understand why some movies play without a problem and some needing 15s loading time for 1-2 sec play time.
I just can not find out why some files to not play smooth. Most of them are super high quality.
For Example each GoT Episode is .mkv and about 31 Gb. barely play 10 sec in 5 minutes.
Westworld same format, .mkv and about 11Gb an Episode, not as bad but still unwatchable.
True Detective .mkv 4.4 Gb. some days plays smooths some days not as smooth.
Some other movies larger the 4.4 Also played smooth...
Is the size the problem? is that to much to handle for the pi? or are there some other things I am not thinking of?

kanewolf

Titan
Hi. I am in need of some help, trying to understand why some movies play without a problem and some needing 15s loading time for 1-2 sec play time.
I just can not find out why some files to not play smooth. Most of them are super high quality.
For Example each GoT Episode is .mkv and about 31 Gb. barely play 10 sec in 5 minutes.
Westworld same format, .mkv and about 11Gb an Episode, not as bad but still unwatchable.
True Detective .mkv 4.4 Gb. some days plays smooths some days not as smooth.
Some other movies larger the 4.4 Also played smooth...
Is the size the problem? is that to much to handle for the pi? or are there some other things I am not thinking of?
Are these files on a USB3 attached SSD? Via network? SD card? USB Flash?

TRENDING THREADS