Jerry Seinfeld Goes Back to Mac

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
[citation][nom]audioee[/nom]Did you ever think that Apple is paying Larry David for product placement? When did "journalists" stop doing research for their articles? Ask the producers of Larry David and Seinfeld if they got paid for product placement?"That said, Microsoft probably still isn't pleased." Why not ask MS their reaction to the picture instead of assuming what their reaction would be? Or does that take too much time? Tom's at times seems to post these little tidbits of "News" to insight Mac vs. MS hatred flame wars. Come on Tom's get to real Journalism and do some research, ask questions of both sides and then write the article.[/citation]
Dude u speak like my mind. That deserve a +1.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Has Jerry Seinfeld ever had a Windows computer?

@ jonpaul37:

Fact, dumb-ass! The Apple mouse from 2005 until last week has always had 4 buttons. Now it has none.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]wildwell[/nom]Has Jerry Seinfeld ever had a Windows computer?@ jonpaul37: Fact, dumb-ass! The Apple mouse from 2005 until last week has always had 4 buttons. Now it has none.[/citation]

You are correct sir! I'm a complete dumb-ass!

I buy individual hardware, build a new computer from scratch, install ANY software i want that is abundantly available, (including free spyware/virus scan software)keep my computer clean (both physically and programs) and it will last me a few years as i will be able to upgrade for very decent prices.

What i'm saying to you, Mr. MAC Fanboy, is if i'm a dumb-ass, does that make you a complete and utter fuck-tard for buying an overpriced piece of "cool-looking" hardware that only about 10% of the population cares about and will be obsolete in 2 years, not to mention proprietary software/hardware and almost no room for upgrades? Did i mention that MAC's are hack-able, but nobody really cares to hack into a MAC anyway...

...And! before you start on why i am bringing this up in regards to you Mr/Mrs/Ms Wildwell, Your post that i've citated above makes no sense!, i never even mentioned anything about a MAC mouse, i was calling someone else a FANBOY!, FANBOY!

God Bless

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I think the commercials with Seinfeld were very good. Bill Gates is still the face of Microsoft, even though he's not CEO anymore. His comic timing is impeccable, as is his talent for understatement. He comes off as very likable, funny, and self-deprecating. In short, he's likeable. The commercials make people like Microsoft more, and that's a good thing for them. It doesn't always have to be simple and to the point to have an effect.

By the way, the first Apple to use a mouse wasn't the MacIntosh. It was the Lisa.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I wouldn't take a guy like Seinfeld for a PC user. Commercials made no sense regardless if they would have actually been funny which they weren't. I say Steve Jobs can have him, no loss there.

Anyone see the new mac commercial? it is laughable since snow leopard has been getting bad press on all the news sites for the past 2 weeks. Apple just brainwashes people, Microsoft progresses. I was overly excited after I watched the windows 7 launch in new york. awesome stuff I don't see coming out of apple computer.

Btw tom's hardware needs to calm down with all these dumb mac articles, they are getting stail. all of us use custom built pcs.

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
umm, so apple are paying the programmes creators for product placement... much like they do for a lot of tv programs, as far as I'm aware this programme has always included apple product placement, this isn't news... what's next "Homer Simpson goes back to Duff Beer!!" ?

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom......... Anyone see the new mac commercial? it is laughable since snow leopard has been getting bad press on all the news sites for the past 2 weeks. Apple just brainwashes people, Microsoft progresses... [/citation]

Trouble is apple do have some good ideas at times, what they did with the iphone and multi touch was inspired, trouble is they have a few good ideas and are content to sit back and use those as 'proof' they are more cutting edge and innovative than everyone else, then, unsurprisingly, other peopel come along and go "hey cool look where we can take this!"

oh and on the bad press note... http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5472891

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
lol the one button mouse is useful because in a mac you really dont need that second button.. and if you ever wanted all you do is press the control button.. if you ask me windows is over rated and bloody boring if you can relate.. if not then blah to bad mac is just as gay .. they would be a lot better if they had an open platform version that was not tied to a mac machine... oh wait phystar .. but every one can see where that is going.. would love a i7 extreme edition set up in a dual socket mobo running os x and and windows with 16gbs ram and a 5770 .. or gtx 290.. doubled up.. and a 1000w energy hog.. oh and mail order obama bobble head because no one could afford that set up but him with his nobel prize payout ..

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Ok to inject some "Common sense" into this article. First off, Jerry Seinfeld is not Larry David's "Seinfeld" Jerry Seinfeld just happens to be a person, comedian that happens to have a show by the same name. Curb your enthusiasm is not "Seinfeld" either, though Jerry Seinfeld plays a part on it. IF the windows contract was so exclusive that he was banned from being seen with apple computers On and Off screen, this could throw a brick wall that prevents Jerry from being in,,, well anything......

For some reason hollywood has tons of mac props.. I dunno why this is, but mac ive seen macs in so many movies that when it comes to "laptop" the mac prop always pops... even though they are seen running some uber linux hacker apps that doesn't even resemble OSx or Windows. I think this is because of licensing issues and mac must have made some hollywood deal that said "If your movie uses our laptops as a prop, we promise not to sue nor ask for royalties"

And besides, its hollywood, they got the money to blow on a $3,000 computer. they probably own a dell XPS as well, but they mostly use that to play games on.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
it's a MacBook running Windows. He's searching with Google on Firefox browser to download Opera for Linux. It's hard to please everyone these days.

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
People, I think the first poster's one-button mouse thing was meant to be a joke. If so, I got it. Very funny.

Macs are good, but grossly overpriced for what you get, I think.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Drag0nR1der[/nom][citation][nom]rooket[/nom......... Anyone see the new mac commercial? it is laughable since snow leopard has been getting bad press on all the news sites for the past 2 weeks. Apple just brainwashes people, Microsoft progresses... [/citation]Trouble is apple do have some good ideas at times, what they did with the iphone and multi touch was inspired, trouble is they have a few good ideas and are content to sit back and use those as 'proof' they are more cutting edge and innovative than everyone else, then, unsurprisingly, other peopel come along and go "hey cool look where we can take this!"oh and on the bad press note... http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5472891[/citation]

At times but it all comes down to aesthetics. Oh we don't really need two mouse buttons or anything else useful such as a mic port on our laptops... oh no we don't need any of that. Macs are good products, don't get me wrong..but if you use one for a while you will find out how crippled they are. Apple seems to feel that taking things away from the end user makes it more functional.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
He must be a very smart guy if he manages to do millions and millions by doing a show about nothing and commercials about nothing. Oh envy!

Status
Not open for further replies.