Jimmy Kimmel Mocks the iPad Mini, Other Apple Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

epaalx

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Different products (edit: made at different time) for different users with different needs. Where's the funny?
Can make same (edit: historical) summary about Ford's range - all have wheels but some are small, some large, some skinny, some wide, etc, etc.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I really don't like Kimmel or Apple but it's always nice to see two things you don't like clash. I'll be team Kimmel on this one because he's the lesser of two douches.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i think those were cheap shots for the most part. im not an apple fan, and i dont like their closed system with little to no customization. that's the reason i don't like apple products. i do think they look fantastic, and when it comes to performance, they have the best mobile devices according to benchmarks [barring the new lackluster ipad mini, seriously gimped]. too bad you can't do much with the performance, especially on their laptops and desktops.

i think any other reason is borderline fanboyish. you can argue that theyre a bad company with bad morals and blah blah, but the bottom line is, 98% of the corporations out there do exactly that. and you buy from those companies anyway. apple just mastered profiting from it. i bet google does some skeptical stuff too. even if they dont, they still buy chips from samsung, which is king of evil. don't even get me started on the precious gems market, and oil as well. apple is the lesser of evils, and theyre just in the spotlight, which grants them more haters. unfortunate for them.

end rant.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
This guy is going to get cancelled. Apple is the most valuable company in the world, and I'm not sure they'll tolerate some late-night clown shitting on their products.

[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i think those were cheap shots for the most part. im not an apple fan, and i dont like their closed system with little to no customization. that's the reason i don't like apple products. i do think they look fantastic, and when it comes to performance, they have the best mobile devices according to benchmarks [barring the new lackluster ipad mini, seriously gimped]. too bad you can't do much with the performance, especially on their laptops and desktops.i think any other reason is borderline fanboyish. you can argue that theyre a bad company with bad morals and blah blah, but the bottom line is, 98% of the corporations out there do exactly that. and you buy from those companies anyway. apple just mastered profiting from it. i bet google does some skeptical stuff too. even if they dont, they still buy chips from samsung, which is king of evil. don't even get me started on the precious gems market, and oil as well. apple is the lesser of evils, and theyre just in the spotlight, which grants them more haters. unfortunate for them. end rant.[/citation]
That "king of evil" has just invested a few billion in fab factory in Texas. Go figure who opens more jobs in the US, Apple (the king of outsourcing) or that "king of evil".

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]epaalx[/nom]Different products (edit: made at different time) for different users with different needs. Where's the funny?Can make same (edit: historical) summary about Ford's range - all have wheels but some are small, some large, some skinny, some wide, etc, etc.[/citation]

have to agree, it didnt get funny for me till it got to the iphones.
i dont like apple, i dont like ipods, but i really cant mock them until the iphone 3

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]This guy is going to get cancelled. Apple is the most valuable company in the world, and I'm not sure they'll tolerate some late-night clown shitting on their products.[/citation]

Apple has the authority to cancel a comedian that is well within his rights to parody? What kind of distopian society do you think we live in?

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
very funny. He has one great point...... everything seems to come from the ipod/itouch. People should praise the itouch and that's about it. Ipad = bigger itouch, iphone= itouch with cell service. What is funny, I know a girl who traded in her iphone 4 for a white iphone 4. Let's see if Apple can make Jimmy apologize like Ellen did. Ellen apologized like Apple was holding a knife to her cat's throat.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
it's funny how some people make money from making fun of other people, products and everything in general....sad very say....what has humanity come to?

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
Jimmy Kimmel Mocks the iPad Mini, Other Apple Products

@Zak Islam and any fanboy and girl of any gadget. Jimmy Kimmel didn't mocked the iPad Mini or other gadgets of Apple. He made fun of your behavior. Take a notice. The fact you find the joke offensive should tell you that you have a problem.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]it's funny how some people make money from making fun of other people, products and everything in general....sad very say....what has humanity come to?[/citation]

Perhaps you don't know too much about comedy. It's usually the most depressed people who are the funniest. The fact that comedy saddens you is quite ironic because this means you could use it if you knew how.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Nice little funny poke there, I did have a nice laugh at the video.
As an interesting note, Saying there was no real innovation at all in the time line of the products. Just minor tweaks or an added feature.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Wow! Just wow. That is essentially what Apple has done whereas I have been preaching that they take something existing then improve its looks. Still, success from an MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.