Jimmy Kimmel Mocks the iPad Mini, Other Apple Products

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
We all need a good laugh from time to time. But i guess those who bought applie's iproducts are not laughing as they are hit hard by the "suckers" tag.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]That "king of evil" has just invested a few billion in fab factory in Texas. Go figure who opens more jobs in the US, Apple (the king of outsourcing) or that "king of evil".[/citation]
and that is how business works.

mmmfrieddough

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Why did the "bigger iPod that you can't talk on" joke not apply to the 7 inch galaxy tab, kindle fire, or nexus 7 when they came out?

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I totally agree about people in New York buying them, they need a serious reality check.

But claiming nothing has changed in the i-devices since 2001 is... absurd. That's like saying the PC hasn't changed much since the Pentium 3 days, and anyone who pays to upgrade their machine is a sucker. Also the connector joke is getting old. The first 30-pin connector lasted 9 years! If you want to hate someone over proprietary bullshit, hate Sony. The only way Apple could beat them in bullshit is if they one day decided "Oh yeah... all those songs you bought on the iPhone 5, well... the iPhone 6 uses a new music file standard, so you'll have to buy them again if you want to listen to them on this."

Granted... they might actually go and do that one day, but at the moment they're not.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]This guy is going to get cancelled. Apple is the most valuable company in the world, and I'm not sure they'll tolerate some late-night clown shitting on their products.[/citation]
I won't hate on you too hard here, because clearly you're an iSheep, and you've probably given all your money away to Apple. With hat being said, the fact that they're valuable, doesn't mean they can be corrupt. Go back to Russia or Mexico or Cuba, or wherever you got that type of ideology from.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]bluekoala[/nom]Perhaps you don't know too much about comedy. It's usually the most depressed people who are the funniest. The fact that comedy saddens you is quite ironic because this means you could use it if you knew how.[/citation]
so are you telling me that it's ok to make fun of you just because it's comedy?...next time someone makes fun of you just tell yourself, it's just comedy and he or she is trying to be funny, no matter how much it hurts you....

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]PTNLemay[/nom]I totally agree about people in New York buying them, they need a serious reality check.But claiming nothing has changed in the i-devices since 2001 is... absurd. That's like saying the PC hasn't changed much since the Pentium 3 days, and anyone who pays to upgrade their machine is a sucker. Also the connector joke is getting old. The first 30-pin connector lasted 9 years! If you want to hate someone over proprietary bullshit, hate Sony. The only way Apple could beat them in bullshit is if they one day decided "Oh yeah... all those songs you bought on the iPhone 5, well... the iPhone 6 uses a new music file standard, so you'll have to buy them again if you want to listen to them on this."Granted... they might actually go and do that one day, but at the moment they're not.[/citation]
All Sony smartphones use a Micro-B USB plug.

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]This guy is going to get cancelled. Apple is the most valuable company in the world, and I'm not sure they'll tolerate some late-night clown shitting on their products.[/citation]

Just how much power do you think they have??? Your ignorance in your comment gave me a sincere chuckle. Besides, Jimmy Kimmel is one of the most respected show hosts in Hollywood. The guy just got finished clowning around with the President at the Correspondents dinner in Washington for Christ's sake!

G

I'm an apple user, mac OS and I thought this was hilarious ! Jimmy Kimmel FTW

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
I remember when Apple used to mock Windows users and I believe all the negative publicity they receive today is the result of that. Karma is a bitch, isn't it, Apple?

G

mmmfrieddough said:
Why did the "bigger iPod that you can't talk on" joke not apply to the 7 inch galaxy tab, kindle fire, or nexus 7 when they came out?

Because you can talk on them indeed...at least on the samsung tabs, and yes Kindle Fire's price point would be quite an excuse anyways.
Though US is strange- I read somewhere that 'Sprint' Galaxy Tabs are 3G only and have voice disabled. Maybe to favor big Apple- the chinese company in favor of the "bad foreign" contender who employs US people for many things different than just being a low-cost guru at their overhyped shops? who knows...

Junoh315

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
[citation][nom]weaselman[/nom]Be interesting to see how many changes there are from an I pad 3 to a 4..There are a few people upset at the fact it was announced soon after a 3.[/citation]

I'm not at all mad that they announced the iPad 4 so soon. After all, I don't have an iPad and I don't plan on getting one. I'm curious as to why they're still in business after that Apple Maps fiasco and a ton of other issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS