Jimmy Kimmel Shows Latest Victims of Apple Brainwashing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eblet

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
After making everyone to wait for a long time, iPhone 5 is finally here. There is a lot of talks here and there about it but there are some unknown facts that you must know about it in order to be completely familiar with it. iPhone 5

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]flamethrower205[/nom]zsw90, alyoshka, there are just as many dumb people around the world. If Americans are so stupid, why are so many of our universities still so highly regarded? Last I checked, there were a large number of Americans in them.[/citation]

The ones that are 'highly regarded' are the handful ( under 1%) the average American will never be able to attend.

I went to Highschool in Europe and American exchange students where usually put 2 grades below their age level so they could keep up. Don't get me wrong please... This does not make them 'stupid', but reflects poorly on the US public school system.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]flamethrower205[/nom]... our universities still so highly regarded? Last I checked, there were a large number of Americans in them.[/citation]

"...Last I checked, there were a large number of Americans in them."

Maybe it is a typo on your end, but a "large number of Americans" means a small number of foreigners.
If the Universities are highly regarded wouldn't me a large number of foreigners be a better argument than a large number of Americans ?

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
[citation][nom]darkavenger123[/nom]Just tell them Apple bought over Samsung. They'll immediately worship the S3.[/citation]
HAHA!! i think that could actually work!!! Tell Kimmel!

G

You know, all kidding aside, Hulk Hogan looks terrible these days.

budabellyx

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
I love how this has devolved into a discussion on the America Education system...

It's about the iPhone and nothing more, and yet some European troll incited the American trolls.

I personally am not a fan of the iPhone. The operating system feels outdated, despite the minor "android like" features they have added, I still don't want the look and feel of IOS. I agree with some articles that claim the phone and Apple itself have "Jumped the Shark Tank". Incremental upgrades show lack of true innovation. This was supposed to be the next big innovation from apple, and what do we see? A slightly better, (or according to Apple, "Twice as fast") processor; Which from what I have seen has no data to substantiate the claim (Same situation with the "New iPad"). While they do have some awesome (Samsung / Sharp) displays, that’s really the ONLY thing that interests me with their product. I am very happy with my GS3, as was I with my GS2, and going back a few generations of Android gear, I remained happy.

I apologize of this was a TL:DR response, I will now leave you to your trolling...

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
[citation][nom]trollingfag[/nom]Show them samsung galaxy s3 and tell them it's the new iphone..[/citation]

That did happen at bestbuy; iphone buyer mistake the galaxy s 2 for an iphone. That is why samsung got sue.

budabellyx

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Nope, not at all. If your goint to quote stories, quote the right one.

It was in relation to the Galaxy Tab, and after further review the matter was barely even significant.

Samsung was sued more due to the similarity of the appearance and the dock connection.

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
Its a good bit, but I seriously wonder how many people looked at it and said, ' dude, that's the old iPhone', that they didn't show on film for each sap that they fooled.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Well to be fair, it's called "expectation bias", and it's a quite common phenomenon. Especially when the two objects are so similar anyway...

And no, I don't have a single Apple product and couldn't care less about them.

ozvip3r

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
[citation][nom]zsw90[/nom]Americans can't even label a world map. Distinguishing between iPhone models........ ya that's not gonna happen.[/citation]
No your getting it wrong, the world map is just a larger version of a US map :p

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]If you buy a car for its looks then yes you are stupid. 99% of stupid things you see on news or internet, are from america. Go figure.[/citation]

Probably because American's invented the internet and 99% of everything you see on the internet, good or bad is American.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]flamethrower205[/nom]zsw90, alyoshka, there are just as many dumb people around the world. If Americans are so stupid, why are so many of our universities still so highly regarded? Last I checked, there were a large number of Americans in them.[/citation]
See, your argument would be valid if a large number of Americans attended top universities around the world OUTSIDE of America. Oxford, Beijing, Tokyo universities, etc. It costs around half a million dollars to attend ivy league schools like harvard, stanford, etc. For foreigners, it costs 5x more then that because of non-resident fees, non-citizen, extra taxes, etc. I'm not stating that Americans are stupid, just stating your argument using the system of post education to validate the level of intelligence of a country versus another just doesn't hold up.

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
wow todays iphone5 article and its already 43 comments, i must add the 44th comment and it has to be good....
hmmmm.....hmm... i dunno what am suppose to say after all ISheep comments that made me laugh out loud.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I hate when people say "Stupid Americans" because their from your country too! we are all immigrants. Those people aren't tech savvy enough to know the difference. Don't classy me as stupid Americans. Their stupid people from all sides of the planet.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I always say Apple's best product is its marketing.

Thankfully, ridicule can insentivice people to be more tech savy. I only care about this because the iSheep's decision also influences my prices and choices.

For example, I like the G2's keyboard. However, adding a keyboard increases cost to the manufacturer a few cents per phone. So should Apple add a keyboard and eat the cost ? or should they avoid the cost and convince everybody that the soft keyboard is awesome ! by using their marketing muscle.

So now even the Android phones come without a keyboard and I don't have a decent phone (like the Galaxy S III) to choose that comes with a keyboard. I have to type with my fat thumbs on the useless soft keyboards even on Android. I keep my G1 for tinkering, and I still regret not giving the keyboard enough weight to make me go for a non-AMOLED screen phone.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Wow, so many people making a fuss over something so stupid.

This "technique" has been done for years asking people about everything from tech to religion to politics/world affairs. It's easy to ask 100 people something and make up a video with 5 of them looking like total idiots.

It doesn't mean Americans are stupid. It doesn't mean Apple users are stupid. The only people who are stupid are the ones who watch the video and think it actually represents anything close to fact.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
See, your argument would be valid if a large number of Americans attended top universities around the world OUTSIDE of America. Oxford, Beijing, Tokyo universities, etc. It costs around half a million dollars to attend ivy league schools like harvard, stanford, etc. For foreigners, it costs 5x more then that because of non-resident fees, non-citizen, extra taxes, etc. I'm not stating that Americans are stupid, just stating your argument using the system of post education to validate the level of intelligence of a country versus another just doesn't hold up.

No it doesn't - universities offer need based scholarships. That's how my wife paid for undergrad and they also extend to any foreign student. In fact my friend from overseas was paying $3,000 a year for tuition and boarding.
As for our universities being top notch, I'm simply stating that they are good and then pointing out that there are also a large number of Americans in them. I am not using the latter as proof of the former. You can figure out that the schools are good by checking how many people (outside the US) apply per year, the fact that many of these places publish in top notch conferences, the faculty, the difficulty of the classes, etc.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

A) Just because you are in a school that a lot of "smart" people go to. That doesn't make you smart by any stretch

B) Many Americans are in them because many Americans have money. And the students in there are getting a free ride from their parents or someone elses dime.

That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts