Join Us For A Tom's Hardware Ask Me Anything With AMD, April 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel87

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Where the ... is Vega 11 & what the ... were AMD thinking with the rebrands again(RX 580) are you tring to push people away on purpose?

Pompompaihn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I want to ask company shill questions:

"It appears AMD has really RYZENed to the occasion with this release" *forced laughter* "How long before Intel is crushed and their fabs sold to Tesla for car storage?"

Aravindhv10

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Considering the fact that DAL got rejected from the linux kernel (and might not be accepted due to the approach of the kernel developers), what is your new approach to linux GPU drivers ?

Tech_TTT

Notable
Apr 4, 2017
Okay, some Questions :

1- Are we expecting an AMD APU with onboard HBM2 Memory as shared memory for both System and GPU and no DIMMs slots any time sooner? That would fit in a very small box 1/4 the Area of the Mini-ITX case. for example : 16GB of HBM2 Memory ?

2- Why dont you introduce a new form factor to the Market ? Mini ITX needs to have 2 slots for 2 GPU systems while still short (170mm) and not long like the Micro ATX (245mm) and .. in short (3 slots motherboard for 2GPU and still compact 170mm length)

3- Why dont you manufacture AMD motherboards ?

4- What are your plans for very low voltage CPU ? The Ryzen managed a good 65 watts for 8 cores .. can we expect a 15 Watt 4 cores Ryzen APU to compete with Intel low voltage CPU ?

5- Why did you choose to go dual channel memory and not quad or eight channels for the Ryzen ?

6- the same goes for the PCIe lanes , why just 16 lanes while the server CPU can reach up to 128 lanes ? and the competing Intel i7 X99 CPU offers upto 40 lanes ...

7- I have this Idea , When you Design the CPU , why dont you space out the components a little bit inside the cpu so that the cpu has more surface Area and hence better cooling ? When I look at the CPU , no matter the die shrink , the "spacing" design is the same .. why dont you take advantage of the better process to space between the components internally giving you better cooling potential and bigger surface area for cooling ? I understand the need of smaller CPU Area inside phones and compact machines , but for the desktop we have the space for a big CPU... so why dont we take advantage of the smaller process by keeping the same old bigger area and space out the cpu Areas internally?

Thats all , Thanks.

parkentosh

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Q: What is the maximum operating temperature for Ryzen processors (i've seen different answers on the web)?

DonYenko

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
Q: Is there a chance that R5 and R3 buyers will be able to purchase CPUs with RGB coolers?
That would be awesome!

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Q: As we saw in the mid-2000s, PC-centric game developement devolved into 'Console-first', resulting in dumbed-down interfaces, specs, etc. It seems that trend is reversing (I am solidly anti-console as a gamer/modder). With AMD's diversification and integration into console markets, is development of both CPU and GPU technology base-lined on one market or the other or more parallel while sharing technology/assets/capability/etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS