jscript error

I recently did a complete re-installed on my computer.
After the restoration, when trying to view webpages, I am
getting a jscript compilation error. Help!!!

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Which webpages - your own or any webpages?

To get rid of those messages, disable the setting
called "Display a notification for every script error"
under the Advanced tab of Internet Properties, which you
can access via Internet Options in the Control Panel.

Is is not possible that every page has script errors.

Eric,
http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/
http://www.sharedbirthday.co.uk/

Eric,
It is happening with all webpages. I wounder if I am
running an older version of Internet Explorer. Could that
do it? The message starts the same each time, "jscript
compliation error." Sometimes there is a line number
listed, this changes with each website.

HAGGIS

"cmj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Eric,
> It is happening with all webpages. I wounder if I am
> running an older version of Internet Explorer. Could that
> do it? The message starts the same each time, "jscript
> compliation error." Sometimes there is a line number
> listed, this changes with each website.

If your IE version is less than ver. 5 , you WILL see Java errors. (look
under "help" ..."about") to check version

5.5 sp2 is last available version for win95

My IE version is not 5.5. I believe it is 3 or 4. Where
can I download the IE 5.5?

HAGGIS

Virus/Malware:

> My IE version is not 5.5. I believe it is 3 or 4. Where
> can I download the IE 5.5?

definately your problem is the browser version then...

http://browsers.evolt.org/

you can download 5.5 sp2 from here

Thanks, I will try that.

HAGGIS