Judge Rules Samsung Tablets Don't Infringe iPad Patents

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardoc22

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
Lel

I know its an extremely short and ridiculous response. But its the perfect response for such a short article and ridiculous case.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]"ancient sumerians stone tablet with rounded corners" apple, why you no sue them???[/citation]

Because sticks and stones (tablets) will break their bones but frivolous lawsuits will never hurt anyone.

Neverdyne

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
In other news, the lawsuit that Apple filed against Moses specifying that his tables infringe on iPad patents continues. Moses has been forced to break the current model of his tablets and recreate them to avoid further litigation.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]TheBigTroll[/nom]"ancient sumerians stone tablet with rounded corners" apple, why you no sue them???[/citation]

Because you can't sue dead people?...

Wait, there's been a case where someone tried to sue the God. Disregard my argument.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
So the rounded rectangle design is the reason? We have hit such a low in our corporations behaviors and made such a joke out of our court systems to bring such cases forth costing the peoples taxes to
have this case because of shapes? I don't even know what to say, I don't like using this word but this is exceptional case. This entire thing was retarded.

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Because you can't sue dead people?...Wait, there's been a case where someone tried to sue the God. Disregard my argument.[/citation]

Actually there has been cases where dead people have been sued. The case I have in mind was filed before the defendants death but before any verdict. It was a piracy case and the deceased defendant lost and it was taken out of the estate that was left behind.

so that's 1 group of Jury in the US vs how many in opposite decisions in other countries?

well at least some have common sense huh?
good thing they don't own a patent for a circular button,

G

[good thing they don't own a patent for a circular button, ]

At the rate Apple is applying patent now, soon they will own everything under the sky, in the sky, and beyond the sky. The sad fact is, many of these patents actually get approved. Things like page turning animation is actually owned by Apple as patent now. Once upon a time, patent meant the whole design of something complicated and substantial like a "ice resurfacer". Now you can own the patent on something as simple as a rectangular shape as long as you do some creative writing to make it sounds better than what it actually means.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Because sticks and stones (tablets) will break their bones but frivolous lawsuits will never hurt anyone.[/citation]

Oh, but they do: they hurt us "the end users"! This lawsuits are made to BAN SALES of each others products...

patents should be something revolutionary, something remarkable like when they invented the first airplane or something.
a new engine type, new kind of battery or screen.

don't patent something like the way you walk which is almost the same as every other biped

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Apple: What are the chances we will lose?
Lawyers: Zero.
After losing case, lawyers: Oh, you mean "we" as in "Apple" and not "we" as in "lawyers"
The only winners are the lawyers.

G

I'm just wondering when will crApple start suing everyone for using flat surface display devices.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]jerm1027[/nom]The people at Cupertino are literally insane.[/citation]They're not - they're likely well aware of the nonsense they're spouting. However, these tactics work pretty well at inconveniencing and delaying their competitors, tying up their resources in long-winded legal battles.

So, ridiculous as it is, they press on. And if they win some cases (as they've somehow managed to in the US) then, as far as they're concerned, so much the better.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
And Apple might wonder why many tech people have a high level of hate towards them. Your days of being preceived as cool are numbered. You really haven't been cool within tech circles ever. Most tech people are very logical. Apple has only been great at one thing, marketing. Although most logical people would not buy into the "if you don't have an iphone.... well you don't have an iphone" type of marketing. I would like to know why your product will fulfill my needs better than another. And then tell me why your product is a great value. Apple fails to market to people like me. Samsung has kinda sunk to Apple's level with their marketing. However, since I dislike Apple, I find it funny. This type of marketing is not appealing to me. I will do my own research when I buy electronics. Note 2 BTW. plus cheap acer tablet....... waiting for windows 8 pro tablet with over 256GB....... might have to wait a while.

fatdoi

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
next time everyone bite their apple (fruit) at top corner in public, picture will be taken by the fanboi army, sent to Cupertino and get sued for trademark infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.