Question Just a question

Hrsn

Commendable
Jun 15, 2019
When I was re connecting everything to my computer after I purchased a new desk, I must have accidently plugged my second monitor into the motherboard. The monitor was working fine in the motherboard slot until now.

Yesterday, I unlpugged my second monitor as I was going to use it on my PS4 for a while but then I tried reconnecting it my computer today but it didnt work. I then realised I had it plugged into my motherboard HDMI rather than my graphics card. As soon as I realised I tried connecting it to the graphics card and it worked straight away! I was just wondering why it worked fine using my motherboard HDMI for about 2 weeks but now it doesnt work using the motherboard slots?

Silly question but just wondering!

Lutfij

Titan
If you're on Windows 10, it tends to happen more often then not. There are instances of people not being able to see anything(black screen) since the OS decided to install drivers it thought were the right revision for your hardware and later assigned the iGPU as the primary display output device(in spite of being connected to the discrete GPU).

Just make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and that you're on the latest version of Windows 10.