[SOLVED] Just Built My friends PC and it won't start

Jul 3, 2019
I just finished building my friends PC, and when I pressed the power button, nothing happened, no fans turned on and no lights turned on and no sounds. I looked, and the power supply switch was on, the power switch on motherboard was in the correct + - configuration and the psu is not dead, as I preformed the paperclip test on it. could the motherboard be faulty? maybe the pins that connect to the powerswitch on the motherboard are broken, as I tried to turn on the PC without the power button, I put a screwdriver and bridged the power switch pins and the computer did not turn on.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: Gigibyte B450M DS3H
Ram:T-Force Night Hawk DDR4 2x8gb (16gb)
PSU: EVGA 650w G+ Gold
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060
Storage: Seagate Barrracuda 1tb hhd

Solution
The cpu and motherboard cables are fine
What about the motherboard stand offs? Like extra ones in the case that are not screwed in?
I mean any extra standoffs under your motherboard causing a short, or anything inside your case that is causing a short. Since you can't do much else, at this point you should probably try booting your motherboard outside the case.
The cpu and motherboard cables are fine
What about the motherboard stand offs? Like extra ones in the case that are not screwed in?
I mean any extra standoffs under your motherboard causing a short, or anything inside your case that is causing a short. Since you can't do much else, at this point you should probably try booting your motherboard outside the case.

Solution