[SOLVED] Just Cause 3 is crashing ?

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, recently since 2 weeks i got just cause 3 game, its really so nice, amazing, and i enjoy every second i play this game in.

But i'm suffering from random crashes in this game, sometimes i got a crash after 30 min or less than 1 hour, some other times i spend like 3-5 hours without a single crash, i Googled trying to find some fixes, like disabling Anti-Aliasing, disabling Motion Blur, Screen Space Reflections, Bokeh Depth Of Field, disabled all those but nothing worked, i'm still getting random crashes.

Today literally it was the worst day in crashes, got like 2 crashes one after the other, but i continued playing, i ended the main story missions, credits showing up, after that guess what, the game crashed while loading back to main map, i still have other missions to complete.

After googling too much, i have nothing to do, tried every suggestions for crashes but nothing worked, i only realized that its a problem in the game itself, no fixes for, as so many people state, however i wanted to post my problem here, and see if you guys are facing same problem or you have a different fix, so i hope for some help please, it is a really common problem in the game or not?

Here you're my PC specs and i'm really able to run this game at highest graphics without any troubles:

- CPU: core i5 8400 with GIGABYTE B360 AORUS Gaming 3 motherboard.

- RAM 16GB (2x8GB).

- MSI GTX 1070 ti Gaming 8GB.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Well, i don't like updating too much because of stability problems with win 10, my version 1809 is stable right now and still supported from Microsoft + that the available update now is to 1909 directly, but anyways thanks for this suggestion, will give it a try maybe later.
Well, honestly, I'm the same way, which is why I waited a while until I updated to 1903. Same goes for 1909, I've heard of issues with it so I've not yet tried it.

The main thing said about 1903 was game crashes, but fortunately I jumped in just before they fixed that. I've been playing JC 3 no problem on 1903 btw. I'm even running it on 1440p DSR at max settings, not a single hitch.

The thing to take away if anything is you can always role back to 1809...

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Make and model of the power supply?

Do you crash in other games?

Is it related really??
Anyways, here you're: BitFenix Formula 750w 80+ GOLD

And i don't crash in other games.

My question is so clear: when i googled, i found many people reporting this problem, but almost no fix for, so here i'm asking if its a common problem in this game, or a problem with me only.

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
I would recommend updating W10 to 1903 and make sure you get the cumulative updates for 1903. I was getting crashing in Gears 5 and Wolfenstien Youngblood when I updated to 1903, but as soon as I applied the cumulative updates when they were available, no crashing since.

Well, i don't like updating too much because of stability problems with win 10, my version 1809 is stable right now and still supported from Microsoft + that the available update now is to 1909 directly, but anyways thanks for this suggestion, will give it a try maybe later.

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Have you already tried Windows Compatibility Mode?

Yes, tried compatibility mode with windows 7, and i got the same problem too.

Didn't try recommend settings for my computer, just only disabled those stuff i mentioned in my main thread, i have decent specs, and running the game smoothly without any stutters, lag or whatever, just the crash problem, its really so strange.

Well, honestly, I'm the same way, which is why I waited a while until I updated to 1903. Same goes for 1909, I've heard of issues with it so I've not yet tried it.

The main thing said about 1903 was game crashes, but fortunately I jumped in just before they fixed that. I've been playing JC 3 no problem on 1903 btw. I'm even running it on 1440p DSR at max settings, not a single hitch.

The thing to take away if anything is you can always role back to 1809 if it doesn't work out, so no harm trying it.

Solution