Just Cause 4 game quality showing dots and dot s

Jan 8, 2019
I cannot describe how I am viewing it right now, but the whole game even on very high (ultra) on all settings works smooth without lags (RX580 8GB) but even at 1080p the gameplay screen shows dots everywhere.

I cannot explain it quite nice, but let me try my best,

The game runs like this,

................................................................................
................................................................................

I hope you get what I mean, the whole frame looks ridiculous, I can see dots everywhere. As if, the dots are making the whole frame, if you seen old crt TV, you can see those square dots in TV right when you come close to the TV? Same thing is up with me, but instead of square I see dots in the whole buffered frame/video/game

I got Dell S2218H Monitor (cheap but good) with RX580 (Drivers up to date)

Same monitor if I connect with my PS4 Pro, I get crisp crystal clear gameplay on titles like GTA 5 etc, so I thought using this on my PC will also work great for the gameplay, but now the only game I have Just Cause 4 looks like a cartoon. I can see square/dots in grasses, hair looks ridiculous with dots and white dots when sun shines in his hair as if rico is an old man with white hair.

Cannot get AMD Freesync work with this monitor, says freesync not supported.

Please help me fix it, I want to make it work like it does with PS4 pro, crisp good quality, not some bullshit monitor, makes my GPU look a $40 piece of crap.

Thanks ahead.

Please take a screenshot instead of just typing a bunch of periods to show what you mean. Reason I'm asking is you say "when you come close to the TV". Hard to tell whether you're comparing one scenario of up close, to another than isn't.

It's common that you see dots when very close to a screen because those are actually the pixels. They're easier to see at 1080p than say 1440p or 4K, because they are bigger. Dots that can be seen much farther away are often artifacts due to a corrupt driver or failing display.

Jan 8, 2019
A SCREENSHOT DOESN'T justify what I am facing. I tried using my mobile camera but it also doesn't show the dots, instead it shows clear image.

I have a question though, is it the problem of the monitor without freesync, I have dell S2218H monitor and I saw that it doesn't have free sync, but is a 60Hrz monitor, maybe those dots are a problem of freesync but I am unsure, and Rx580 state that FREESYNC 2, I thought of getting a monitor with 75Hrz with freesync as that is all in my budget, and in my country (India) everything is expensive, so, the monitor I am looking to purchase, even with discount it will cost around $240 USD which is still out of my budget, but, the same monitor is priced at $99 in amazon global. If it was priced at $99 in my country, I would have brought the monitor a long time ago, but you know, 3rd world countries, a lot of TAX and hike in price, and the damn sellers claiming that it is a new launched product whereas it was out in the market for past few years.

Back on topic, is it because I do not have freesync supported monitor? And the water in the game is also tearing sometimes, which sucks! I have a RX580 8GB and I can't even bare with the fact that I cannot get TOP Notch graphics with this card in 1080p. With all ultra settings I get above 90FPS stock speed, but this stupid monitor is making my GPU look like a $100 shitty GPU!

Please help, all drivers are up to date and new, bios, and everything, and as always - thanks in advance@DM!~

Monitors have a high and low refresh spec at each end of their range. If the tearing happens when the FPS drops below the display's low end of it's refresh range, it's because Freesync can no longer sync frames at that FPS.

That said, I have never heard of Freesync (or any monitors supporting it) having problems with dots all over the screen, and unless I see what it looks like, I can't tell you for sure what's causing it.

If you haven't already done so, try reinstalling the graphics driver and use a clean install method (remove old driver first). This is to rule out a corrupted driver being the cause.

You could also try verifying that the video cable and monitor are working properly and not defective by swapping (or borrowing from a friend) a video cable and monitor.

Jan 8, 2019
Also an update, I am using Direct X 12, and my monitor is not free sync supported. Its model number is Dell S2218H, because of non-freesync monitor, is this the cause of the problem, I will try uploading a pic ASAP!