Just Changed Motherboard/CPU/RAM/Case/Fans. But Decrease in FPS in games.

Oct 19, 2018
So recently i just upgraded from an AMD Mobo/CPU build to a Intel build, but Im using the same drives and os (didn't fresh install). once i got everything setup, installed and booted to windows everything worked as normal, so i installed the necessary drives and tried bench marking my games but now i have decreased in FPS and things are choppy. could this be because i did not do a clean install of windows or could it be a different issue. Ill take anything at this point. PC specs below.

CPU: INTEL I7-8086K 4.0Ghz
MOBO: ASUS PRIME Z370-A
RAM: CORSAIR VENGENCE 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: GTX 1070SC

You need to do a clean install. No two ways about it.

You've changed platforms, to an entirely different chipset, totally different storage controllers, likely a change of network adapters as well.

You can SOMETIMES get away with not doing a clean install when changing boards within the same chipset family, or when they are one generation apart, but going from an entirely different chipset to a new one, and everything about the platform being different, there is very little chance of there being a successful transition. I've been doing this a long time, 30+ years, and rarely have I seen that work, and it NEVER works as well or is as trouble free as just doing a clean install anytime you make a major hardware change, but especially when you flip the entire platform.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-installation-windows.html