Just finished building my PC but it keeps saying Restart and Select Proper boot device

David_160

Reputable
Nov 30, 2015
I just finished building my PC but it keeps saying Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert proper boot media and no matter what disk I put in it keeps saying the same thing. The CPU is working fine and my motherboard is a MSI 970A-G43. I cannot/do not know how to access my BIOS.

Solution
Have you tried spamming delete/f2 on startup to enter the bios? From there you should be able to go into boot device order and select your desired boot device as first boot option, which I gather will be your Cd drive. Also you should double check that your Sata power and data cables are properly connected to the disc drive and to the motherboard.

JMR120600

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2013
Have you tried spamming delete/f2 on startup to enter the bios? From there you should be able to go into boot device order and select your desired boot device as first boot option, which I gather will be your Cd drive. Also you should double check that your Sata power and data cables are properly connected to the disc drive and to the motherboard.

Solution