Just installed FFXIV ARR on a brand new rig and in game I am getting these strange flashing/flickering colours constantly. The

Solution
Domthedon030 - I'm glad I could help You :) I hope that Your justice with RMA-ing Your graphics card will be swift, and Your judgement will be passed on the supplier with great urgency and endeavor.

Domthedon030

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
Hello, I was hoping that wasn't the case.. But feared it may be!

My specs are;
i7 4790 3.6
8gb 1600 RAM
Msi GTX 770 OC
128 Intel SSD

I'll try upload a video of it happening.

It's constant, never goes away. The GPU temps seem ok.. Creep up to 77 but usually around 55-60.

Domthedon030

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
Also, i haven't overclocked anything myself. Litteraly just installed a clean copy of windows 8.1 64bit on a brand new machine. The card comes with an OC from manufacturer.. could that be the problem?

Good. Now, download and install FurMark, and run GPU-z and SpeeFan, in order to monitor temperatures. Run the FurMark in eXtreme Burning mode, or MSi Combustor if You want. And tell me the result [if it crashes, blinks, etc.] let it run for at least 5-10 minutes!

That looks like artifacts and flickering caused by faulty video graphics card. Anywa, please do run the FurMark, just the default test, there's an option [tickable] for eXtreme Burning mode.

And You're running GPU-z with SpeedFan to control the temperatures, and benchmark [FurMark] for the stability testing.

Domthedon030

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
Okay ran the stress test in FurMark on xtreme burn-in. I was getting a black flcikering spiral going around the orange 'iris'. not sure if thats normal? Everything seemed ok other than that. 99% load for 10 mins the gpu temp was stable at 83 and the fan speed was at 73%.

Looking at the screen shot though, it hasn't captured the flickering black spiral which is funny as when I screen shot the game you can't see the flickering there either!

23six5u.png

Domthedon030

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
I have another pc i can try it in, I'll do that now. Yeah watching that video the flickering spiral lines I was getting is most defnitely not present.. Appreciate the help, I'll come back in a few after trying it another rig!