[SOLVED] Just installed X470 Gaming Pro Carbon

Aug 10, 2019
I just recently had to upgrade to the X470 because my old motherboard died after 2 years. I have 2 radiators (Kraken x52 on my CPU, Kraken x42 on my GPU) and 2 fans. After finally switching everything out only one case fan is working and it seems to be the only one that’s a 4 pin.

Please tell me there’s a way to use the three pin fans on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solution
I just recently had to upgrade to the X470 because my old motherboard died after 2 years. I have 2 radiators (Kraken x52 on my CPU, Kraken x42 on my GPU) and 2 fans. After finally switching everything out only one case fan is working and it seems to be the only one that’s a 4 pin.

You can use 3 pin fans in 4pin headers just may have to set their headers in BIOS to DC control mode.

You can use 3 pin fans in 4pin headers just may have to set their headers in BIOS to DC control mode.

Solution