[SOLVED] Just joined SKY internet (bad connection)

Dec 16, 2020
I have just switched from BT internet to SKY today.

My workstation in my office is struggling to get a good connection from the sky router. The BT one never had any issues.

What should i do here? Buy a new router?

If so which ones would you recommend? I don't want to be spending a fortune tbh :)

Solution
Hi if you can cope with bad connection for a while dont buy anything yet.
I have been a B.T. customer since 2003.
Whenever they upgrade their hubs it takes several days for them to sort themselves out for maximum signal strength , maybe your new router has got to be good/bad for a few days for it to work properly

Put this speed test short cut on your tool bar it is the most reliable one around.

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Whenever they upgrade their hubs it takes several days for them to sort themselves out for maximum signal strength , maybe your new router has got to be good/bad for a few days for it to work properly

Put this speed test short cut on your tool bar it is the most reliable one around.

Solution
Dec 16, 2020

BT has for the most parts been reliable for me. It has slowed down a little lately but not enough to make me leave.

I hate dealing with BT as i feel like the are always pulling my pants down with price increases etc.

I am really glad to leave them behind.