Question Just received my 2080ti and their is an installation driver

THpapi

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
You don't need the Disk, once you have the card installed in your system, make sure you have your monitor plugged into the back of the card and not the back of the Motherboard and go to Nvidia.com to find and install the latest driver.

Reactions: HerEyeSin

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
You don't need the Disk, once you have the card installed in your system, make sure you have your monitor plugged into the back of the card and not the back of the Motherboard and go to Nvidia.com to find and install the latest driver.
Hey so my mobo just came in and there is a disk too. But it says support rev, and then says multi language installation guide. Is this another thing I need to download?

THpapi

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
Hey so my mobo just came in and there is a disk too. But it says support rev, and then says multi language installation guide. Is this another thing I need to download?
No there's really not a lot you need to download for it. Windows basically does everything automatically. If you're having some trouble with motherboard input/output you can update your drivers from the "device manager" in windows, but most of this happens automatically within a few restarts. The one driver you definitely need to install manually is the GeForce driver from Nvidia.com. You can download their Geforce Experience app if you want, it can assist in updating your drivers and has a lot of other fancy features, but it is not essential. The website will let you download the driver. Just save it on your desktop in a new folder and then run it, go through auto install process and then you should be good to go. Its a good idea to pick up MSI Afterburner too. This is free software that will help with hardware monitoring, it also lets you set fan curves and apply overclocks really easy. If nothing else, its a good idea to keep a close eye on all your temperatures for the first couple days, make sure nothing is too high.

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
No there's really not a lot you need to download for it. Windows basically does everything automatically. If you're having some trouble with motherboard input/output you can update your drivers from the "device manager" in windows, but most of this happens automatically within a few restarts. The one driver you definitely need to install manually is the GeForce driver from Nvidia.com. You can download their Geforce Experience app if you want, it can assist in updating your drivers and has a lot of other fancy features, but it is not essential. The website will let you download the driver. Just save it on your desktop in a new folder and then run it, go through auto install process and then you should be good to go. Its a good idea to pick up MSI Afterburner too. This is free software that will help with hardware monitoring, it also lets you set fan curves and apply overclocks really easy. If nothing else, its a good idea to keep a close eye on all your temperatures for the first couple days, make sure nothing is too high.
The GeForce app is for my graphics card right. And yes I heard of MSi after burner. I found this for my mobo what’s important from these downloads View: https://imgur.com/a/mruyule

THpapi

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
The GeForce app is for my graphics card right. And yes I heard of MSi after burner. I found this for my mobo what’s important from these downloads View: https://imgur.com/a/mruyule
All of those look important, The only one I'm not sure about is the "Qualified Vendors List", that might just be some readme info that is good to know... If this is definitely from Asus website for your board then download all of those. DO NOT download any drivers from any other website besides the manufacturers website, it is a very common scam.

Reactions: HerEyeSin

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
All of those look important, The only one I'm not sure about is the "Qualified Vendors List", that might just be some readme info that is good to know... If this is definitely from Asus website for your board then download all of those. DO NOT download any drivers from any other website besides the manufacturers website, it is a very common scam.
Ok thanks