[SOLVED] Just some clarification on MSI beta bios and the Ryzen 3 3300x.

May 30, 2020
I've got a MSI B350m Gaming Pro mobo and a Ryzen 3 3300x (still in box.) The MSI site has 2 beta bios. One from July 2019 named "7A39v2N" and another from Dec 2019 named "7A39v2NQ" ... The one from July states it's the beta that adds support for Ryzen 3000 . The newer (with a Q) beta does not state that.

Is that perhaps just an overlook by whoever updates the main website, they just forgot to add that the newest beta supports Ryzen 3000? What does the "Q" addition mean?

If I update the BIOS with the Q (newer version) will it support the Ryzen 3 3300x is basically what asking.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I've got a MSI B350m Gaming Pro mobo and a Ryzen 3 3300x (still in box.) The MSI site has 2 beta bios. One from July 2019 named "7A39v2N" and another from Dec 2019 named "7A39v2NQ" ... The one from July states it's the beta that adds support for Ryzen 3000 . The newer (with a Q) beta does not state that.

Is that perhaps just an overlook by whoever updates the main website, they just forgot to add that the newest beta supports Ryzen 3000? What does the "Q" addition mean?

If I update the BIOS with the Q (newer version) will it support the Ryzen 3 3300x is basically what asking.

Thanks in advance.
Typically the bios that adds support is the only bios that states as such. Every bios following has implied support.

Thanks in advance.
Typically the bios that adds support is the only bios that states as such. Every bios following has implied support.

Solution
May 30, 2020

Thank you. I figured as much but MSI hasn't updated their blog post about it since july of 2019. lol

guess I'll try it out tonight and see if i get any sleep..... yikes.

edit Well that went by fast... done. It's working. I've go the latest beta bios running and have the Ryzen 3 3000x installed without issue running stock everything though. Cinebench has it besting a 7700k by a decent margin. So far so good... *

Last edited:
Reactions: bmockeg