Just wondering, what is the best gpu in the world?

not looking to buy or anything, im just looking the best performance ever to admire from a distance. I have a gtx 1080 and thats not bad but whats the absolute best card not related to price. titan v? pascard? a random Chinese one?

Solution
If we assume solely for GAMING with confirmed driver support then I'd argue likely the:

Asus Strix GTX1080Ti

SUMMARY COMPARISON: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_1080_Ti_Strix_OC/29.html

Other:
a) the TITAN PASCAL is actually not quite as good. It's close. It has higher core count but the cooling solution is inferior so (AFAIK) in most circumstances especially in warmer ones a well cooled GTX1080Ti pulls ahead.

b) Tesla V100 is arguably "the best gaming card" though it is NOT a gaming card. It's basically got 2x the CUDA CORES of the GTX1080 and in some gaming benchmarks we saw 2x the FPS which is impressive.

But.. price aside there may be some problems in some games. Hard to say since I can't find anybody using one. I...
There are two or three 'best' depending on what you want to do. Gaming, 1080ti or Titan. A lot of the 3dMark top 100 are Titans. Course, thems are with custom firmware and drivers, so for daily use 1080ti. Unfortunately, there isn't a 50,000$ card you can buy that will perform 2% faster than anything else. It's a supply and demand thing, they make only so many of the top tier that producing a few for a higher tier would be way too costly, unless... There are next gen samples out there, but that's not a price thing, that's a who you know thing, and performance wise, well, the drivers still need work...

If we assume solely for GAMING with confirmed driver support then I'd argue likely the:

Asus Strix GTX1080Ti

SUMMARY COMPARISON: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_1080_Ti_Strix_OC/29.html

Other:
a) the TITAN PASCAL is actually not quite as good. It's close. It has higher core count but the cooling solution is inferior so (AFAIK) in most circumstances especially in warmer ones a well cooled GTX1080Ti pulls ahead.

b) Tesla V100 is arguably "the best gaming card" though it is NOT a gaming card. It's basically got 2x the CUDA CORES of the GTX1080 and in some gaming benchmarks we saw 2x the FPS which is impressive.

But.. price aside there may be some problems in some games. Hard to say since I can't find anybody using one. I would suspect problems would be rare but that's just a guess.

Basic info here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/11367/nvidia-volta-unveiled-gv100-gpu-and-tesla-v100-accelerator-announced

Basically it's:
2x GTX1080 cores
16GB (now 32GB) VRAM
Tensor Cores

The Tensor Cores are being used for various AI functionality but also with RAY-TRACING by game developers for future games. It's unclear if 2018 or even 2019 will see GPU's with tensor cores added but they are coming.

Solution
Just FYI, but I believe that 2019 or 2020 (not 2018) will see GPU's that are multi-die. Chips that are joined (glued or similar) together.

This is the future of mid to top-end GPU's as the advantages are:
a) higher yields
b) more compute capability

NVidia and AMD could sit down and optimize around the optimal balance of power, frequency, cost etc so for example maybe they design around 1500MHz despite 2200MHz being possible but then can make THREE CHIPS for the same cost (including cooler cost)... so the net result is that computational power more than makes up for the frequency loss.

I have no actual data but let's just suppose that only 20% of V100 GPU's actually work but 60% of GTX1080 GPU's do... what if you could just stitch together two dies that were GTX1080 size thus you increase yields by 300%!!

(the larger the die the lower the yields)

This especially has huge ramifications for MOBILE gaming since again frequency of the GPU and power draw are often non-linear. So if they can find the "sweet spot" we could suddenly see a big jump in performance.