K6-III+ and which mobo

G

OK, I need to know some motherboards which support the K6-III+ properly. I would (ideally) like them specified as either w/o video and sound and with video and sound. Kinda looking for a good all-in-one board capable of overclocking the K6-III+ for the folks for Xmas and a top-notch board for me. I think that the Asus P5A is the best board for me, but what about an all-in-one board, capable of the K6-III+? Thanks.

G

I'm running the K6-III 450 on a Fic pa 2013 and on two Epox's MVP3 G5. It works fine on all. I prefer the Epoxs because they support Ultra Dma 66, which gives a noticeable performance edge.

G

OK, any ideas on a good all-in-one (integrated video and sound)?
Also any boards (that work with the k6-III+) has nice small FSB increments? I was thinking of one with ATA66 and 5MHz FSB increments to take one to ~120MHz FSB by 5.0x .....

G

Haven't seen too much integrated stuff for Socket 7 and I tend to stay away from it. I prefer to choose my own components rather than be crippled by the on-board stuff. There's a guy who suggested another board on your thread - I'm not familiar with that one, but it's worth taking a look.

G

I am using a PCChips M599LMR with a K6-III+/450 overclocked to 600MHz. It is an ATX ATA66 board with integrated video, sound, modem, and network adapter. I don't know if fsb overclocking is possible.
An all-in-one with better video (Aladdin 7/ArtX) would be the new PCChips M583LMR.
There are baby AT versions of both of these boards.
As for the Asus P5A, there is a long thread about slow performance with the K6-III+ on AMDZone. Here is a link:
<A HREF="http://www.amdzone.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=13&threadid=24017" target="_new">ALL ASUS P5A (ATX) OWNERS WITH SLOW K6-III+ POST HERE!!!</A>
As for alternatives the Epox EP-MVP3G2 and the DFI K6XV3+/66 work well with the K6-III+.