[SOLVED] Kaby Lake motherboard with HDMI 2.0 support

Oct 30, 2020
Hi.I have lg uhd hdr tv and I want to run pc content at 4k60hz.My motherboard(b250m-ds3h) have only hdmi out 1.4(limited to 4k30).I have cpu with intel hd 630 graphic internal which support 4k60.I was thinking to buy graphic card gtx 1050 2gb for cheap money,but someone told me that this gpu has just 2gb ram and madvr with hdr video will not work at high settings and its better to play movies via TV player.What are my options?To sell this mbo and buy one with hdmi 2.0 out?Is there any for cheap money?Im not a gamer,not playing a single game,thats why im satisfied with just internal gpu..Tnx in advance

Solution
I do not think there are any motherboards supporting your processor that also have hdmi 2.
I presume your TV does not have displayport input capability.

I don't see why something like a GT1030 or GTX1050 with hdmi2 and 2gb vram would not suffice.
The Vram included with a card is usually appropriate to the card.
But, if your advice on the use of madvr performance is authoritative, then you will need to buy a stronger graphics card with more vram. How much vram is recommended?

What is the make/model of your power supply?
A much stronger graphics card may require a psu upgrade.
I do not think there are any motherboards supporting your processor that also have hdmi 2.

I don't see why something like a GT1030 or GTX1050 with hdmi2 and 2gb vram would not suffice.
But, if your advice on the use of madvr performance is authoritative, then you will need to buy a stronger graphics card with more vram. How much vram is recommended?

Solution
Oct 30, 2020

I can buy gtx 1050 2gb for just 50 euro..But after I have read this thread post 13 give up.And for psu I have LC600H-12 V2.31.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/op...vr-for-each-video-card.2743841/#post-54568830

Your psu has sufficient power to run many stronger graphics cards. It has 6 and a 8 pin aux power connectors. I do not know about the quality of LC power graphics cards,
Here is a handy chart for your graphics card options:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Madvr issues are more complicated than what am capable of discussing.
Vram is ram that is located within the graphics card. It is used to hold textures and other code for processing. In the event that something is needed that is not present in vram, it will have to be loaded.
Hopefully that item is in real pc ram. ( The more pc ram you have, the better) Usually 16gb is good.
In the event that the item is not on system ram, but on a drive, then it needs to be loaded from that drive which is a slow process and would lead to image stuttering.
A ssd is some 40x faster for this than a hard drive.
So, to some extent, a small amount of vram can be compensated for with sufficient system ram and a ssd.

$50 seems like a reasonably small amount to try a discrete graphics card.
It would certainly outperform integrated graphics.

That said, posts I have seen would indicate that if you are looking for a perfect solution, a much stronger graphics card would be in order.

Oct 30, 2020
I have bought gtx 1050 and now madvr,4k60hz and o works good only via hdmi cable taken by 4k enigma2 sat box and its just 0.50m long.Now imust nuy hdmi cable which support 4k60 and hdr,is it better to find good hdmi cable or display port to hdmi?Tnx

TRENDING THREADS