kazaa lite connection problem in xp

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Archived from groups: alt.internet.p2p,comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:45:08 +0100, Mat spoketh

>Erm, so ashamedly attempting to get seek advice on my original query...

You'll probably find the answer in your ZA log file...

Lars M. Hansen
www.hansenonline.net

"Demure Guise" <no@reply.please.co.uk> wrote in message

> > I wasn't referring to 2 sentences. I was referring to dozens of posting
> you
> > find on here day in day out, but if the cap fits......
>
> What are you talking about?

I guess you would have to read the posting to figure that out.

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> In article <genEc.1695$876.1530@fed1read07>, slipslide@pop.not says...
> > If top posting is not acceptable, why is it the default method when you
> > click on reply to group??? I prefer to read a top posted message
response. I
> > have already read the rest of the thread. Why wade through it again just
> > see what one poster has to say?
>
> It's not the default on any real Usenet reader. All of the ones I've
> used (non-MS ones) start at the bottom by default.
>
> You don't have to wade through anything if you [snip] the parts that are
> not needed in the reply.

> shows that you posted via OE, which is not a news reader, it's a email
> client that had the ability to read news added to it - and as usual, it
> was setup and designed for mail only.
>
> Get something like Gravity or other quality news readers and you'll be a
> lot happier.

> spamfree999@rrohio.com
> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

I would imagine 90% of those reading from Usenet do it with Outlook Express.

It amazes me that you can find a nasty abusive postings, and no body
comments, but if you post at the top it is treated like a sin worse than
murder.

Archived from groups: alt.internet.p2p,comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

> > > I wasn't referring to 2 sentences. I was referring to dozens of
posting
> > you
> > > find on here day in day out, but if the cap fits......
> >
> > What are you talking about?
> >
> I guess you would have to read the posting to figure that out.

Well, we'll go through it one at a time. 'dozens of postings', with the 's'
on the end of dozen, you refer to more than one dozen and as there is 12 in
a dozen that means you are talking about at least 24 postings about Kazaa
day in day out.

I sorry but I don't see at least 24 postings about kazaa day in day out. Of
course I'm excluding this current posting subject, cos I'm talking to an
idiot.

> posting
> > > you
> > >
> > > What are you talking about?
> > >
> > I guess you would have to read the posting to figure that out.
> >
> Well, we'll go through it one at a time. 'dozens of postings', with the
's'
> on the end of dozen, you refer to more than one dozen and as there is 12
in
> a dozen that means you are talking about at least 24 postings about Kazaa
> day in day out.
>
> I sorry but I don't see at least 24 postings about kazaa day in day out.
Of
> course I'm excluding this current posting subject, cos I'm talking to an
> idiot.

Now he is calling me an idiot. He will be swearing next, or worse such as
posting at the top!

Special note to "Demure Guise" Don't try and understand the above comment as
it is clearly beyond your comprehension.

Archived from groups: alt.internet.p2p,comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Hello

Why would you want Kaaza on your pc any it's just full
of spy-ware

Mat wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I've just got a new laptop running XP and have installed the old version of
> Kazaa Lite that I was running with no problems (connection or otherwise) on
> my old Win98 system. When I try to open Kazaa Lite I get the 'connecting...'
> notification in the bottom of the screen but it never connects. I have
> turned off the XP internal firewall as I am using ZoneAlarm firewall and am
> not sure if it this that is affecting it, although it didn't on my Win98
> machine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mat

Archived from groups: alt.internet.p2p,comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

> Now he is calling me an idiot. He will be swearing next, or worse such as
> posting at the top!
>
> Special note to "Demure Guise" Don't try and understand the above comment
as
> it is clearly beyond your comprehension.

Erm, that's the second time I've called you an idiot. BTW I don't swear
'willy-nilly', my alias should have give you a clue to that. Oh, I'm sorry,
you didn't realise that 'demure' and 'guise' were two English words. Look
them up, pretty boy

Mojo

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:19:24 -0500, "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org>
said:

>I'll put it down here, just to make you happy, although I prefer and most
>often top post. New, and uninformed. Well, the first operating system I
>played with was<snip stuff>

Yet you still don't know how to use Usenet.

[shrug]

--
Mojo.

> > Now he is calling me an idiot. He will be swearing next, or worse such
as
> > posting at the top!
> >
> > Special note to "Demure Guise" Don't try and understand the above
comment
> as
> > it is clearly beyond your comprehension.
>
> Erm, that's the second time I've called you an idiot.
> BTW I don't swear
> 'willy-nilly', my alias should have give you a clue to that. Oh, I'm
sorry,
> you didn't realise that 'demure' and 'guise' were two English words. Look
> them up, pretty boy

Pretty boy?? How many boys do you know called Jessica?

Actually, both 'demure' and 'guise' are French words adopted into the
English language.

I subscribed to alt.internet.p2p in the hope I would learn something about
developments in the subject for my research. I have read a lot of rubbish,
fallen in a week moment into this petty exchange with you, and learned
nothing, so as soon as this reply has been sent I will remove the group from
my computer.

You will have to find someone else to be rude to.

Jone Doe wrote:

> Bottom posting is proper because YOU say so? I think not. Top posting is
> the only way to go. No, that's wrong. It's one of many ways to go, and a
> matter of personal choice.

Bottom posting is the way top go because that is what the RFC on
nettiquette specifies.

Archived from groups: alt.internet.p2p,comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

> Pretty boy?? How many boys do you know called Jessica?

'pretty boy' is just a saying. Actually my neice is called Jessica

> Actually, both 'demure' and 'guise' are French words adopted into the
> English language.

A lot of english words were adopted from other languages, but still they are
in the english dictionary

> I subscribed to alt.internet.p2p in the hope I would learn something about
> developments in the subject for my research. I have read a lot of rubbish,
> fallen in a week moment into this petty exchange with you, and learned
> nothing, so as soon as this reply has been sent I will remove the group
from
> my computer.

Good luck in your research

> You will have to find someone else to be rude to.

So sorry !!

Archived from groups: alt.internet.p2p,comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I just tried WinMX and found no advantages over Kazaa lite.

Archived from groups: alt.internet.p2p,comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Alvin Brown rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

Not kazaa lite.
> Hello
>
> Why would you want Kaaza on your pc any it's just full
> of spy-ware

Not kazaa lite.

Archived from groups: alt.internet.p2p,comp.security.firewalls,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

T. Sean Weintz rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

You don't say?

> Bottom posting is the way top go because that is what the RFC on
> nettiquette specifies.

You don't say?