KDE 4.7 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Looks like the links are missing, so here is the main link with more info → http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.7/

G

KDE is really a great looking desktop, I only wish the API's would someday stabilize to lure third party developers and make KDE deployment viable in a enterprise setting

G

Don't forget that there is a KDE for all microsoft users too, for more information visit windows.kde.org

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]This article is a clear and visible demonstration of how little I know about the industry. Although I could guess I don't have a clue what all that stuff is.[/citation]
Download Kubuntu, burn it on CD/DVD (or USB stick) and boot your computer with the first boot device set to the DVD drive from the BIOS (or removable storage if you go with USB).

It won't install anything. It simply runs from the disc (LiveCD) or from the USB stick, whichever you go with. Looks very much like Windows 7 (or should I say Windows 7 looks very much like KDE? Microsoft practically stole the damn design).

deanjo

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
DSpider Download Kubuntu, burn it on CD/DVD (or USB stick) and boot your computer with the first boot device set to the DVD drive from the BIOS (or removable storage if you go with USB).It won't install anything. It simply runs from the disc (LiveCD) or from the USB stick, whichever you go with.

At least recommend a working KDE distro like openSUSE that has updated ISO's of the latest KDE and is stable.

Looks very much like Windows 7 (or should I say Windows 7 looks very much like KDE? Microsoft practically stole the damn design).[/citation]

Vista and Win 7 are nearly identical and Vista came out nearly 2 years before KDE 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.