[SOLVED] Keep Antec P280 for New Build?

wintermute2_0

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I’m contemplating a motherboard/CPU upgrade in the next few months (i5-4690 to Ryzen 3600). I have an Antec P280 case that has served me well for several years. Is there any reason to purchase a new case? I’m not interested in RGB bling and I don’t want to give up my optical drive. I’m open to any suggestions for a newer case if such an upgrade makes sense. Thanks.

Solution
If you still like it, keep it.

My only thought on the matter is that you could conceivably buy a new case for the old motherboard/CPU/RAM, add a drive and a PSU and you could use it for something. Give it to a family member, sell it, donate it, etc.

I usually end up passing my older hardware on to family members, so I typically buy a new case for the new build and leave the old system more or less intact.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you still like it, keep it.

My only thought on the matter is that you could conceivably buy a new case for the old motherboard/CPU/RAM, add a drive and a PSU and you could use it for something. Give it to a family member, sell it, donate it, etc.

I usually end up passing my older hardware on to family members, so I typically buy a new case for the new build and leave the old system more or less intact.

Solution