Keep losing custom colored cursor on re-booting?

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Used Real World Cursor Editor (Download RealWorld Cursor Editor - free - latest version) to change the color of my cursor on the latest update of W10. I have the colored cursor file in Documents (Mycursor.cur). However, every time that the computer is closed and then re-booted, the cursor color and setting (Windows Inverted-extra-large) revert to a more standard setting and the color is black. In order to get the colored cursor back I have to: Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Mouse>Pointers. Also I am using a Logitech M570 mouse with Logitech Setpoint.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have a look in Settings/accounts/sync my settings and see if Theme sharing is on. See if turning it off makes any difference, as it could be your roaming profile saved on MS servers has wrong settings and changes it back every time you login.

I had a similar problem with my desktop wallpaper, the server thought I have a 1080p screen, but I have 4k and it was reloading the old one on boot.

What version of win 10 are you as they have hidden control panel in the last 2 builds of Windows 10. It has been replaced by settings menus

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010

Windows 10 (1709-16299.125)
How do I sign into W10using my MS account. Presently, I'm not signed in with my account and the buttons are inoperable.

Colif

Win 11 Master
so keyboard doesn't work at boot? that seems an odd reaction to changing the cursor?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

perhaps run startup repair and see if it fixes the buttons?
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010

It isn't the keyboard that is a problem, it is that the cursor doesn't doesn't remain as programmed (Large-inverted and orange in color) when computer is re-booted. The cursor reverts back to standard default setting

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010

Thanks for the heads up, will do

flycaster

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010

So, should I try to enter with an MS account and see if changing sync makes a difference? And, BTW, what are the advantages of not doing so? I don't use Cortana, anyway.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its worth a try, I am not sure if it will help or not.

I don't think there are advantages to not syncing. Cortana may use less resources since it doesn't have as many features available compared to being attached to a Email address. I don't use it either