Question Kelvv Bolt XR 4000MT/s potential issue with mobo.

Mar 5, 2023
O recently bought those kits. Kelvv Bolt XR non RGB 4000MT/s 19-25-25-25 Hynix DJR. Not the best in term of low timings, but it improvement from 3200Cl 16, or it would be..

I have 5600X on A520M-itx/AC AsRock, and for not OCing CPU this mobo is quite good. I can't OC my 5600X anyway, because of small factory ITX case, NZXT H1 with 140mm AiO (enough for this CPU)

After upgrade, I've noticed that there is unsynchronized FCLK and UCLK after enabling XMP.
2000Mhz with 1798mhz FCLK and 998mhz UCLK, with CL20 instead of 19.

After enabling 2000FCLK manually in bios, Hwmonitor Getting hundreds of Errors (WHOA if good remember) but running completely fine when is set to auto desynchronized.

My question is what I can do about it ? Just leave it auto ? Is there much of performance decrease in games with 1798FCLK, 998UCLK, 2000mhz ?

New better mobo, will fix this issue ? Like some B550 will allow me to run native XMP with native CL ?

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time? Try and manually set the ram to run at DDR4-3600MHz and see if that bring about any change to your platform. You can then fine tune the timings, while being on 1.35v.

Mar 5, 2023
For the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time? Try and manually set the ram to run at DDR4-3600MHz and see if that bring about any change to your platform. You can then fine tune the timings, while being on 1.35v.

Bios is updated to L2.62 the latest. What even bringed to the life PCiE 4.0.

3600 isn't what I was expecting with those kit, buying 4000 tbh 🙈.

So upgrading the mobo will help to achieve stock XMP for those kits ? Or is more CPU relevant, but I've seen others 5600x running 4000 or even higher.

D

Deleted member 2947362

The issue your talking about if you try turn off amd virtualization in the BIOS of the motherboard it might fix it

same happens to me if I enable XMP while amd virtualization is enabled in the BIOS so might help your issue ?

I have resorted to disabling XMP until I can be bothered to look in to what is causing.

I just wish I got standard Micron ram 3200 cl22 now lol

This performance RAM has just been more hassle than what little the performance I would gain over standard JEDEC rated CL22 3200 1.2v stuff 😕

It looks better than standard ram ... umm I guess that's the most important thing lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 5, 2023
The issue your talking about if you try turn off amd virtualization in the BIOS of the motherboard it might fix it

same happens to me if I enable XMP while amd virtualization is enabled in the BIOS so might help your issue ?

I have resorted to disabling XMP until I can be bothered to look in to what is causing.

I just wish I got standard Micron ram 3200 cl22 now lol

This performance RAM has just been more hassle than what little the performance I would gain over standard JEDEC rated CL22 3200 1.2v stuff 😕

It looks better than standard ram ... umm I guess that's the most important thing lol
As far as I remember I turned off at beginning, and added this to Bios Settings profile, saved on pendrive, because I was trying to OC my previous ram 3200, but Samsung D-die wasn't most stable and worth effort..

I have to check, but almost 100% sure that it is turned off.

Edit: it is turned off. So it's more likely the mobo isn't strong enough to keep this ram at full XMP.

Even tho, I tried to set it to 3800/1900fclk CL18 22-22-23 by using DRAM calculator, 1.4V so it's same as XMP setting, and it works fine. I tested it with AIDA, Memtest for few hours and it seems to be stable, but still, it's not what I was expecting.

Although on my mobo, XMP setting CL19 at 4000MT/s to CL20 so keeping in at 3800/1900 at cl18 is good score I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2947362

As far as I remember I turned off at beginning, and added this to Bios Settings profile, saved on pendrive, because I was trying to OC my previous ram 3200, but Samsung D-die wasn't most stable and worth effort..

I have to check, but almost 100% sure that it is turned off.

Edit: it is turned off. So it's more likely the mobo isn't strong enough to keep this ram at full XMP.

Even tho, I tried to set it to 3800/1900fclk CL18 22-22-23 by using DRAM calculator, 1.4V so it's same as XMP setting, and it works fine. I tested it with AIDA, Memtest for few hours and it seems to be stable, but still, it's not what I was expecting.

Although on my mobo, XMP setting CL19 at 4000MT/s to CL20 so keeping in at 3800/1900 at cl18 is good score I guess.
This is where I got confused using Aida64 I noticed my ram was reading DDR 3184 ?

As soon as I disabled core isolation in windows and SVM in my Bios then tested in Aida64 it runs at DDR 3200

so I don't know.