Mar 10, 2016
Here is my system

evga 850 power supply
Rog strix x470f
ryzen 7 3700x stock
G.skill 16gb 3200mhz
5700 Xt
samsung 500gb 970 evo

So I have very frustrated with this error. System randomly shuts down out of no where. The error is the name above. I have found that in the event viewer after random restarts. I initially thought this was a power supply issue so I changed to another power supply I had. Then the same problem persisted. I then replaced all my power cables with different ones and the problem still persisted. I put my older 2700x in to see if the cpu was at fault. Same issue. Put in a different graphics card. Same issue. Took my ram to stock speeds same issue. At this point I have changed out every component I have for something else besides the motherboard. If anyone has had this issue and was able to fix it please let me know. I'm tempted to just go buy a mother board and see if the issue continues. Please let me know if you guys have another possible solution thanks.

Solution
can't really test motherboard, it is why you do test everything else first.
i don't think its ram but
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

does it happen if you take PC out of case and run it on a piece of cardboard and have bare minimum parts attached. its one way to reduce the amount of parts that could be cause. Also removes case from possible causes. If it works at minimum spec, slowly - giving you enough time to test system between parts - add new parts to system to see if you can figure out cause.

Other choice is take PC to a repair store as they might have spare...

Colif

Win 11 Master
kernel error 41 doesn't mean its the power supply. When windows starts up, it runs a report to check if it was closed down properly the previous shutdown. If it finds it wasn't, it creates Event 41. Windows doesn't know why you restarted.

totally random, or just randomly while you play a game?

Mikedw2316

Reputable
Mar 10, 2016
kernel error 41 doesn't mean its the power supply. When windows starts up, it runs a report to check if it was closed down properly the previous shutdown. If it finds it wasn't, it creates Event 41. Windows doesn't know why you restarted.

totally random, or just randomly while you play a game?

yes it just randomly does it. There is not a program it does it in. I will just be web browsing and then all of sudden the screen goes black and i have to manually restart the computer.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can't really test motherboard, it is why you do test everything else first.
i don't think its ram but
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

does it happen if you take PC out of case and run it on a piece of cardboard and have bare minimum parts attached. its one way to reduce the amount of parts that could be cause. Also removes case from possible causes. If it works at minimum spec, slowly - giving you enough time to test system between parts - add new parts to system to see if you can figure out cause.

Other choice is take PC to a repair store as they might have spare parts that they know work, that they can swap in to test your motherboard. It beats blindly buying a new one.

Reactions: Mikedw2316
Solution