[SOLVED] Kernel 41 Code

May 24, 2020
Ok so whenever i go out i allow my sister to play on my pc to play roblox with some of her friends. All of a sudden i've been getting the kernel 41 error whenever she plays her games. Roblox is not a very demanding game therefore i am confused as to why it is shutting down without warning. This doesn't happen to any other games i play such as fortnite or GTA 5 which are much more demanding games.

Specs:

FX-6350 @ 3.9GHz - Ordered a R5 3600 coming on Tuesday
GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0) MOBO
EVGA 600w 80+ PSU
8GB of RAM - Ordered 16GB of 3600MHz RAM for my new system
RX 580 Red Devil 8GB

Solution
Will this system still exist after Tuesday? just curious if its worth looking for cause if PC is being used for parts in a few days. Admittedly all you would take is maybe PSU & GPU

is roblox browser based or does it have its own client?

Could try reinstalling game and see if that helps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
event 41 (63) isn't an error, its a reaction. WIndows runs a report at startup and if it finds PC wasn't shutdown normally, it creates event 41.

You wouldn't think it was overheating if it plays those other 2 fine.
Is this win 10? Have a look in reliability history and see if any other errors at same time as the hardware error (restart will be seen as a hardware error)

May 24, 2020
event 41 (63) isn't an error, its a reaction. WIndows runs a report at startup and if it finds PC wasn't shutdown normally, it creates event 41.

You wouldn't think it was overheating if it plays those other 2 fine.
Is this win 10? Have a look in reliability history and see if any other errors at same time as the hardware error (restart will be seen as a hardware error)
Yeah it's definetly not overheating as my room is really well ventilated. My cpu temps are normally 52 degrees when playing games and never go above like 55.
Yes, this is Windows 10 and theres no other errors that come along with the kernel one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Will this system still exist after Tuesday? just curious if its worth looking for cause if PC is being used for parts in a few days. Admittedly all you would take is maybe PSU & GPU

Solution
May 24, 2020

I will be keeping the hard drive of the PC and then getting an additional 1TB m.2 storage device when my motherboard arrives. Roblox is browser based and i've already tried re-installing the game but it hasn't helped. I've tried doing some commands to check the directory and validate everything on the hard drive but i haven't yet checked if it works properly as im doing some school work so i'll start up roblox and leave it there for like 30 mins (which is the average time roblox runs until my PC turns off.)

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
I've had this same issue and took many steps to get rid of this "problem".

I first swapped my PSU to a CX650M from a PowerSpec 650 Watt but the issue still persisted.
I've then done a Windows file scan and it cleared corrupt files and changed my power options as well.

I followed these steps and I no longer get these random restarts:
https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12891-how-to-fix-kernel-power-error

Though, it could be different for you. Just throwing in some things I've done that helped fix the issue for me.

May 24, 2020
I've had this same issue and took many steps to get rid of this "problem".

I first swapped my PSU to a CX650M from a PowerSpec 650 Watt but the issue still persisted.
I've then done a Windows file scan and it cleared corrupt files and changed my power options as well.

I followed these steps and I no longer get these random restarts:
https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12891-how-to-fix-kernel-power-error

Though, it could be different for you. Just throwing in some things I've done that helped fix the issue for me.
All right, i'll make sure to look at them when i finish my school work. Thanks

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
It isn't as obvious as swapping the PSU, as you discovered.
Yeah. I went out to swap it because 1) Majority of people who experienced the same "issue" had theirs fixed when they got a new PSU (I noticed this from many other forums, threads, and subreddits, including a post from here a while back) and 2) because I was still in the return window at my local retailer.
Anyways, hope the problem gets solved soon!

TRENDING THREADS