Question Kernel Power 41 error after starting a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2800622

Hello, I have this problem where I start an application (mostly just games) and my PC instantly restarts by itself with no BSoD, after looking at Event Viewer it says there's been a critical error (kernel power 41). I have this problem since September 2019, started happening out of nowhere, everything was okay before that

Sometimes it doesn't happen for like a week but then it happens all the time, I've tried a lot of things:

- messing with windows' power settings
- disabling fast startup
- reinstalling windows (this fixes it for like 3 weeks, but it happens again)
  • resetting BIOS and updating it
  • disabling "auto-restart"
  • using memtest86 to check the RAM (which is good)
I recently downloaded OCCT for doing the stress test, and when I start the power test my PC just turns off at just 1 sec of the test which i'm wondering if it has to do with the power supply, in that case, what should I buy?

These are my components:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 @ 3.00ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: Corsair Valueselect 8GB DDR4 2133MHz
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 750w 80+ Bronze
HDD: 1TB

I don't know if this also has to do with audio drivers since I see some people mentioning them but this is what I have in device manager
v8Lrb4J.png

The High Definition Audio used to be NVIDIA but apparently it installed by itself (because I always uncheck the audio driver) so I used DDU to uninstall all nvidia drivers completely and just reinstalled again

D

Deleted member 2800622

sadly I don't have another PSU to try, and I don't live in a very big place so it's even harder
but I'm genuinely aware that the PSU is the one that is failing,
I'm mostly wanting to know what PSU would be good enough for my other components, and of course one that doesn't fail like this one does

Mar 12, 2020
Do you have some progress? coz i have exactly the same problem
Sometimes my pc just transfer into this mode and pc turn off either i start the game or OCCT stress test
I need to do some weirdo stuff like change electricity socket or plug/unplug power cable or even plug/unplug ssd to fix it (i don't know how but that how it works)
The problem that it is not repeatable, today i got this mode again, changed gpu and it did not help, then i changed psu and the problem disappeared, but then i change back to my psu and it had been working fine since then
i am planning to buy new PSU then if it won't help buy new motherboard
P.S. bought a voltage stabilizer month ago, didn't help
ryzen r5 3500
2x8 ram
r9 390
B350M PRO VD PLUS
zalman 600w

Status
Not open for further replies.