Question Kernel-Power Event ID 41

Jul 1, 2019
I have been having this issue since I built my new gaming rig a little less than two months ago. I have done thorough testing of hardware and I still can't find the issue. I even took my build to a local computer shop to have them look at it, but they couldn't find any hardware issues that could be causing this. They did say that it could be a software clash or maybe one of my peripherals. The Kernel-Power error seems to only happen when gaming, but some days I can play for several hours with no issues and then the next day, I get a system crash and reboot 20 minutes into gameplay. Temps never get above 60c on highest settings (Shadow of the Tomb Raider). All drivers are up-to-date, as is the bios. I am not currently overclocking due to my system's instability.

Here are my system specs:
CPU: Core i7 9700k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Pro AIO
GPU: GIGABYTE Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce
MB: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600
SSD 1 and 2: ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
PSU: Corsair HX850i
Gsync Monitor: dell s2716dg 27" 1440p 144hz

I'm thinking it's the PSU, but an 850w should be enough. Could the gsync be messing with my system somehow?

Jul 1, 2019
Still trying to figure this out - I did find an update for my monitor driver (which I don't think changed much stability-wise) and I found that my monitor refresh rate didn't match the refresh rate in game. Could that have been causing the system crash and reboot?

Jul 1, 2019
I thought I had fixed it - now it's 7/28 and my system crashed AGAIN. All hardware is updated. Temps on cpu and gpu are great. (never above 60). Firmware and software are up-to-date. I checked for incompatibilities between softwares and found nothing. After the crash, I uninstalled aorus engine because it's been acting wonky since the last windows update. Crashes only occur when I push my hardware... I'm assuming that its my psu or my mobo (I hope it's not my mobo).

Any help would be greatly appreciated - because I'm stuck and about to go crazy.

Jul 1, 2019
Have you tried looking in Windows Event Viewer for clues about why your system is crashing?

Yeah already did that... It's the same kernel power critical error (41) happening at random during gameplay. The newest event data looks like this:
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">41</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">13</Data>