[SOLVED] Key delay on Corsair K95

Tikeraaq

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014
Hi there

First of all, this is regarding nordic version of the Corsair K95.

A few years ago I bought a Corsair K95 keyboard, and I loved it to bits.
A year or so ago I spilled coke on it, cleaned it up, and the only problem I had with it was that the Æ/æ button had gotten a delay.
This delay meant that whenever I typed in Danish and needed to use the letter "æ" I would have to hold down the button for a good second or so, and then it would spit out 3-4 "æ's" before I released the button.
At first it was a fun little minigame for myself to try and hold down the button for it to react and type out only one æ instead of the usual 3 or 4.

A month ago I spilled my entire morning coffee out on the keyboard, and it died.
I went out and bought a new Corsair K95, cause I loved the old one to bits.

As soon as I plugged in the keyboard, I thought to myself "Oh boy, I'm gonna be able to write words with æ so fast now!"
However that was not the case, as the new keyboard has the exact same delay as the old one.
I figured I must've been an idiot and added a delay on that button or something, however after deleting all macros, re-installing Corsair iCue, and resetting the keyboard, it was still there the damned delay.

I have tried remapping the æ-button so it would spit out other letters, and it does so without any delay.
I have tried remapping other buttons to spit out "æ" and this results in the new button for "æ" to have the same delay as the original button.
Something is fishy.

I found another thread from 2016 describing a problem with nordic layout keyboards having delay on certain buttons caused by Asus GPU tweak, but I do not have that program installed, so that can't be the case.

Can anyone help?

Solution
I have tried remapping the æ-button so it would spit out other letters, and it does so without any delay.
I have tried remapping other buttons to spit out "æ" and this results in the new button for "æ" to have the same delay as the original button.
Something is fishy.

Here's something to try: hook up your KB to another PC and look if you still get the delay.

If you do, it's not the KB fault. If you don't, the issue lies somewhere within your PC.

As of why there is a delay to "æ", well, it isn't common character and instead, is classified as special character. Win, usually, needs time to process, before creating special character, hence the delay.

However, in Win, and if you have full KB (with numpad), you can also produce "...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Something is fishy.

Here's something to try: hook up your KB to another PC and look if you still get the delay.

If you do, it's not the KB fault. If you don't, the issue lies somewhere within your PC.

As of why there is a delay to "æ", well, it isn't common character and instead, is classified as special character. Win, usually, needs time to process, before creating special character, hence the delay.

However, in Win, and if you have full KB (with numpad), you can also produce " æ " with KB shortcut of: Alt + 145. Try it. ;)
All special chars have KB shortcuts. For example, the degrees of Celcius, the " ° " symbol is Alt + 0176.
Full list here: https://www.alt-codes.net/

Edit:
Might want to try and macro the Alt + 145, to see, if it fixes the delay.

Solution