Key Press Hangs, Sticky Keys Disabled

ObsidianObelisk17

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
Hello, I am experiencing an odd issue where, for a second or two, my computer acts as if I am holding down whatever keys I held down before it seizes up. My computer itself doesn't freeze, as this mostly happens in games, and it continues running fine. If I'm walking to the left in a game and aiming down the sights, I get locked in that state and continue walking left and aiming if I'm pressing more keys or I let go of the keyboard. I have sticky keys and any other things in that same menu in Control Panel disabled, and the keystrokes to enable them are turned off. Sometimes it seems to "queue" several keys and seizes, then presses them one after the other. This happens in multiple games, as well as software that I use, so it can't be them. My keyboard is in perfect condition, and this problem may go days without resurfacing. If I restart my computer it disables whatever this is. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Might be a USB issue. Check your BIOS and see if you have legacy USB enabled (or not) and switch it around to whatever it isn't. Also try plugging into different ports. Finall,y check your Windows Power options and set USB Selective Suspend setting to disabled (in advanced settings).
If all that fails, reinstall Windows (and yes, I know that's just work and should be a last resort). You'd be amazed how often that fixes random stuff like this.

ObsidianObelisk17

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

The keyboard I use is a Logitech G910 with all up to date drivers and firmware. By your suggestion, I'm trying this with a generic Compaq keyboard. the reason I think this might not be the keyboard because it affects the mouse too, preventing me from clicking, scrolling, or moving the cursor.

Might be a USB issue. Check your BIOS and see if you have legacy USB enabled (or not) and switch it around to whatever it isn't. Also try plugging into different ports. Finall,y check your Windows Power options and set USB Selective Suspend setting to disabled (in advanced settings).
If all that fails, reinstall Windows (and yes, I know that's just work and should be a last resort). You'd be amazed how often that fixes random stuff like this.

Solution