Question Keyboard and mouse do not work after Windows 10 loads

Feb 21, 2019
Last night the power went out my house and then was restored. My PC came back on then automatically went into the restart process and there was a Windows update showing in progress.

It ran it's course the PC restarted and when it got to the windows sign in screen neither my mouse or keyboard would work any longer.

I then tried to boot into recovery with my windows thumb drive and upon loading the software the keyboard and mouse no longer work their either.

MSI z87 Krait
i7 4770k
Win 10
8 gigs Corsair platinum
Gigabyte 980ti
Corsair RGB Strafe keyboard
Roccat Kone mouse

The keyboard and mouse always shuts down when the loading circle comes up where it's just about to hit the windows sign in page.

I have also tried disabling XCHI and EHCI hand off modes in every way possible. Doesn't help at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated being sent at this point I am stuck with no recourse as reformating won't even work because the keyboard doesn't work in Win setup either.

Wish I woulda kept that PS2 keyboard now.

Feb 21, 2019
Yes,I previously tried that by removing the battery just in case some bios settings went screwy.

I've been doing some troubleshooting trying to narrow down the problem. This happened directly after an update. I recently tried disconnecting all the hard drives and ssd's in the system to exclude any windows errors in that may be happening the startup process.

I booted directly from my windows USB into setup and still had the same result. Mouse and keyboard still wouldn't work even though I had no drives connected where the update took place.

I'm completely at a loss here. Could there be a hardware failure where peripherals work when in bios but fail upon windows loading?