Apr 28, 2020
I'm beyond my rope's end with this now. My build is as follows:
CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G
Motherboard: ROG Strix B450-F
RAM: 2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Radeon RT 5700X
HDD: One seagate barracuda 2tb, one western digital blue 1tb
psu: Corsair TX650M

My keyboard and mouse are 2 fairy generic own brand gaming ones, and theyre both recognised by the BIOS. They both work up until i get to the windows 7 log in screen. The Western Digital is an old HDD which has Windows 7 and my old files on it. I bought the Athlon because my other CPU didnt have intergrated graphics, so i needed to use an older cpu with some intergrated. I needed one with intergrated to download the drivers for the GPU, so I can swap to my GPU and then swap my CPU to the Ryzen 7 2700x i bought, which didn't have intergrated.

BUT.

Instead, when it reaches the log in screen (which has my old account and files), my keyboard and mouse just stop working. Ive tried 3 different keyboards, 4 mice, some with drivers discs and some wireless or wires, and nothing works. Ive tried using a WinPE disk to circumvent the log in and go into the registry to change the drivers, but none of those keyboard or mice worked in winpe. I tried using my original windows 7 disk, but keyboard and mouse dont work once the disc boots up. I have no other discs or things I can try. I'm so far beyond, I just need this working, after 2 weeks of struggling to even get my parts, then build it because i'm sent the wrong parts from what i order, and just generally be screwed about by everything possible, I need a solution, or at worst, somewhere or someone i can send it to.

TRENDING THREADS