Question Keyboard and mouse suddenly change functions.

talann1

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
I have recently run into this problem. My mouse scroll wheel will change from scrolling through a webpage to changing the zoom. The left and right click seem to work fine. The keyboard letters will not type the letter you hit but open up certain tabs related to what button I press (h will open history tab, d will open downloads tab). I have to shut down the computer to revert it back to the regular settings.

I am using google chrome. I don't know if i am hitting something specific on my keyboard to switch it over and haven't found any information on this type of problem anywhere else.

Edit: I believe I solved the problem myself. I think it has something to do with my headphones. I had the ctrl key mapped to one of the buttons on my headphones and when I took the headphones off the button would be pressed and act as though the ctrl key was being held down.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you're surfing on an app like Chrome or Firefox or even on MS's Edge browser, then CTRL+H brings up the browsing history while CTRL+scroll wheels, tend to zoom in or out of a page. Your thread leads me to think that your CTRL key on your keyboard is depressed. You can use keyboardtester to see which keys are triggering on their own.