Keyboard and mouse work on bios, but not on windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protectereli

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
I just moved all my components over to a new MB, everything works in bios but on windows login screen everything stops working, all the LED lights turn off on my mouse/kb and It becomes unresponsive. I'm losing my mind over here, does anybody have anything I can try? Ive tried enabling devices in bios, resetting bios , tried every USB port, not sure what else to do.

550W EVGA PSU
I7 4790K
MB GA-Z97X-SLI
16 GB ram
gtx 1070

Previous specs

750 corsair PSU
I5 4670k
MB z97 GD45 msi board
8gb ram

You changed the proc and mobo, you need a fully re-install the Windows from scratch.
If you are on older Windows (older than 10) or Win10 but you haven't connect the activation with your microsoft account, depending on your license (OEM or retail), you might be able or not able to activate your current Windows copy that easy.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The back panel specs of your Gigabyte board show 4x usb 2.0 & 3.0 ports and 2x usb 2.0 & 1.1.

4 of those usb ports can be used as usb 3 or 2. If your running windows 7 you would need drivers for usb v3. My guess is bios sets any device connected to usb3 to legacy mode and back to usb3 once windows loads. Only explanation i can think of if m&k only works in bios and not win.

Indentify where those other two usb 2.0 & 1.1 are and try them instead or change in bios, usb to legacy, install usb3 drivers in windows and change bios usb settings back to defaults and it should work.

Assuming your on Win7

Protectereli

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

I had a power outtage and MB stopped powering on.

Protectereli

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Its an OEM copy, and damn I had moved this harddrive to about 3 different mbs and never had problems before, ill give this a try.

I have a disc copy of win 7 as well, wonder if i can use that for clean install with OEM key?

Protectereli

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Is this a PS/2 style mouse?

Unfamiliar with the terminology. Don't want to buy the wrong thing lol.

http://www.tcocd.de/Pictures/Peripheral/Microsoft/intellimouse11a.shtml

Yes - exactly.
ps-2-clipart-20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.