[SOLVED] Keyboard causing pc not turn on?

twsam0120

Prominent
Aug 19, 2020
My pc won't turn on if I plug in my keyboard and the keyboard won't work also.

I've tried plug in only keyboard into different USB but still nothing. After I switched to another keyboard , pc turn on normally and the keyboard works.

Any idea what causing this
Can a keyboard do such thing by not letting pc turn on?

Solution

I've tried plug in only keyboard into different USB but still nothing. After I switched to another keyboard , pc turn on normally and the keyboard works.

Yes it can, there could be a short in it or in cable/plug. Safety in the MB can refuse to start and so prevent further damage.

Yes it can, there could be a short in it or in cable/plug. Safety in the MB can refuse to start and so prevent further damage.

Solution

twsam0120

Prominent
Aug 19, 2020
This mean the keyboard is dead right ?
I were doing the jumper from +5V to +12V earlier. The whole system went down, couldn't turn on. After hours of troubleshooting. The only thing not work is the keyboard and prevent pc from turning it on

twsam0120

Prominent
Aug 19, 2020
"jumper from +5V to +12V " where. USB KBs work on 5v. 12v would kill it.
ya i did jumper becuase of the aio cooler pump has a argb thingy and is listed as +12v. after i did the jumper, it killed my aio cooler, keyboard, ssd but everything other than those are working perfectly fine. i first thought i need to replace my whole system....