Question Keyboard CTRL key keeps locking/sticking ?

lordofthetrance

Honorable
Nov 25, 2017
weird issue that's been going on for years but is getting worse. Sticky keys aren't turned on.
CTRL key keeps sticking. If I repeatedly tap the CTRL key it fixes it for a while.

I bought a new keyboard, problem persists. Borrowed another keyboard, problem persists.

Spec: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/QR8Q8xdCfGnkBHs4DNXpgAg

I posted this issue on another forum but they shot-gunned it i.e. just turn off a bunch of things and hope for the best. I'm not really keen on that approach as it takes a lot of time for what is almost guaranteed to not fix the problem.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
It's possible that your platform might have a stowaway that's causing an latency in your inputs. Run malwarebytes and see if anything shows up.

You seem to be on 7A71v13 for you BIOS, is that correct? if so, you have 3 more BIOS updates pending. Flash to the latest BIOS version, then clear the CMOS. In order to clear your CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins.

A video of the issue you speak of might help us two fold. Your speccy doesn't mention the make and model nor age of the PSU, please include that.

Just curious;
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (Gigabyte):
27 °C
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (MSI):
36 °C

Why do you have two graphics cards in your system?

TRENDING THREADS