Question Keyboard Detection Issues

Jun 4, 2023
Just finished building a new PC and running into issues with keyboard detection. I first did a flash bios update because I am using the ryzen 7800x3d, which went smoothly. After building it, it started up normally and began installing windows 11. While the mouse is working fine plugged into the motherboard, the keyboard is not working so I can't finish installing windows or access the bios at all. I've tried two keyboards and different USB ports, but nothing is working so far. Any ideas? Here are the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pbqK6r

What a strange selection of USB ports--it has USB 2.0, USB 3.2 Gen1 and USB 3.2 Gen2. I'd definitely try the USB 2.0 first.

In the meantime, can you workaround the issue with Windows logo key + U, and then ALT + K to bring up the onscreen keyboard?

Jun 4, 2023
What a strange selection of USB ports--it has USB 2.0, USB 3.2 Gen1 and USB 3.2 Gen2. I'd definitely try the USB 2.0 first.

In the meantime, can you workaround the issue with Windows logo key + U, and then ALT + K to bring up the onscreen keyboard?
Thanks for the reply. The USB 2.0 works with the mouse but not the keyboard. Unfortunately, the onscreen keyboard isn't coming up either.