Question Keyboard doesn't work on boot until the windows pops up so now i cant go to my bios

Dec 24, 2018
so the usual step turn on the computer wait for the screen saying the bios button which is DEL but i cant press because my keyboard doesn't work until the windows 10 pops up. I tried removing/re plug the cmos battery to reset the bios but still the same. i try finding the cmos jumper but cant find it here is my motherboard gigabyte
ga-a75m-ds2
6825_src.jpg

finwizz

Reputable
Mar 3, 2019
so the usual step turn on the computer wait for the screen saying the bios button which is DEL but i cant press because my keyboard doesn't work until the windows 10 pops up. I tried removing/re plug the cmos battery to reset the bios but still the same. i try finding the cmos jumper but cant find it here is my motherboard gigabyte
ga-a75m-ds2

I have a similar board, Gigabyte Z77-D3H. I ened up buying a cheap PS2 connection keyboard. Bizzare thing is that now my keyboard accepts the Del key as soon as the pc boots. I am using a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Also check your manual, one of the usb ports (for the wireless keyboard connector) at the back is designed for such a purpose to reboot into bios without a ps2 keyboard.

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: ayacarino03

James9002uk

Commendable
May 30, 2017
I think this is to do with Gigabytes own 'Fast boot' similar to windows but it messes every up the boot/enabling to get into BIOS.

Download their Windows BIOS program (so you can change the BIOS settings from windows) and disable fast boot, then restart should fix the issue.

Dec 24, 2018
I have a similar board, Gigabyte Z77-D3H. I ened up buying a cheap PS2 connection keyboard. Bizzare thing is that now my keyboard accepts the Del key as soon as the pc boots. I am using a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Also check your manual, one of the usb ports (for the wireless keyboard connector) at the back is designed for such a purpose to reboot into bios without a ps2 keyboard.
[/QUOTE]

ill going to try buying 1

Dec 24, 2018
I think this is to do with Gigabytes own 'Fast boot' similar to windows but it messes every up the boot/enabling to get into BIOS.

Download their Windows BIOS program (so you can change the BIOS settings from windows) and disable fast boot, then restart should fix the issue.
Window bios program?
where can i find mine? do i just search it?

James9002uk

Commendable
May 30, 2017
Double check this is your motherboard. under Utility tab. Would be either @bios or Easy Tune 6.

Once installed, fired it up in windows and navigate around and see if a Fast boot is enabled... it might not be... just a hunch - i wont do you any harm installing this. Just dont go drastically changing other settings as it will change those in the BIOS - or you could change want you want to change via this and negate the BIOS completely - upto you,.