[SOLVED] Keyboard/Headphones Disconnect when slightly moved ?

Feb 21, 2019
Hi, I recently came across a problem on my PC. So whenever I slightly move the headphone or keyboard cable they just disconnect and I have to take the cables out and plug them back in, in order for them to work again.

It's very annoying when watching videos or playing games and just moving around on the chair as everything just disconnects (most annoying part is restarting the game and ts3/discord :rolleyes:).

This started to occur after I somehow broke my graphic card's mini HDMI port - happened when I moved the PC and accidentally banged the cable with the HDMI/HDMI mini adapter against the wall, which caused the adapter to bend and make the port loose. So.. I'm wondering if the graphics card is the issue? I have ordered a new one anyway, which is arriving tomorrow, but it seems really weird for me that the actual graphics card could have something to do with this.

The PC is a few years old now. Could it be something like the PSU?

But then.. the problem seems to be a loose connection somewhere.

Whenever I move the keyboard cable near the port, it also disconnects. And even sometimes when this happens, the mouse "reconnects" (which is connected at the back) as I can feel the slightly increased mouse sensitivity, but then goes back to normal after a few seconds. The screen lags as well when it happens, and even when the mouse is working, I can't click on anything etc.

I seriously have no idea what this could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Solution
Cables mostly break at ends. close to either part they are connected to (mouse, keyboard, headphones/speakers) or near the plug. Try holding the plug firmly in place and wiggle the cable or wiggle the cable while holding it firmly near the end.
Cables mostly break at ends. close to either part they are connected to (mouse, keyboard, headphones/speakers) or near the plug. Try holding the plug firmly in place and wiggle the cable or wiggle the cable while holding it firmly near the end.

Solution
Feb 21, 2019

But it can't be that every cable just broke all at once.. The headphones work normally on my laptop or different pc. Same goes to the keyboard. So it's something not right with the pc.

TRENDING THREADS